Non-threaded

Forums » Writing Workshop » Read Thread

Find proofreaders here, useful resources, and share opinions and advice on story crafting.

Endings

one month ago
How many endings do you add to your story games/prefer for a story game. I'm working on one with 11 different endings, would that be too much?

Endings

one month ago
So timid, it's kind of adorable.

Endings

one month ago
I'm not that experienced so I'm still trying to figure things out here

Endings

one month ago
Depends on the story, but I generally prefer at least 2 endings. Too many endings is whatever amount you won't finish writing. Generally readers won't complain about having more to read.

If you're making good progress, stick to 11. If you're not, cut it down. If you're writing 11 different stories in one, maybe cut it down, because starting small might lead to more success (but do what you want, ambition isn't bad).

Consider your own engagement with the writing as well. If you don't enjoy writing towards some ending, don't be afraid to cut it! (And you might even be able to come back to write it later, if you change your mind).

Endings

one month ago
Thank you. I'm completely fine with writing them and stuff but it's pretty long and I tend to suck at completing long things.

Endings

one month ago
It only takes one for a top fantasy storygame.

Endings

one month ago
You're only not DEAD because you're you. (And because nobody reads.)

Endings

one month ago
For my next trick, reset game links!

Endings

one month ago
Those actually aren't so bad anymore now that all games come installed with an escape hatch.

Endings

one month ago

11 sounds like a decent amount to me. Not too many, not too few. ^_^