Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Ultimate Spider-Man

17 years ago
Does anyone else read that? It's a lot better than the original comics because it's a lot more realistic. i know the original comics were MEANT to be cheesy, but it's a lot better how brian writes them than how stan lee did. If you haven't read them and your'e a spidey fan, you should check them out,

Ultimate Spider-Man

17 years ago

ive never gotten into comics. there is more emphasis on pictures rather than writing in most of them. although, i do like collecting the original gi joe comics.

nate

Ultimate Spider-Man

17 years ago

There's a ton of writing in it.

riley

Ultimate Spider-Man

17 years ago

ive seen them, but i never got into comics as a whole. prefer books. seems better to buy a 900 page book for 10 dollars than a 10 page comic for 4 lol

nate

Ultimate Spider-Man

17 years ago
100% with ya nate.

Ultimate Spider-Man

17 years ago

...so i'm the only spidey fan?

Riley

Ultimate Spider-Man

17 years ago
nah Im one too, I like the comic I read it sometimes.

Ultimate Spider-Man

17 years ago

Good, i thought i was alone here. I hate superman. He's invincible to everything but a freakin' pebble. you KNOW he's gonna beat the bad guy every time. Spider-Man is more realistic because he gets the living crap beat out of him once in a while.(and the dead crap too) Especially when he fights Doc Ock.

Riley

Ultimate Spider-Man

17 years ago

The first movie was good...

Supermans my fav though.

Ultimate Spider-Man

17 years ago

Didn't you like Spider-Man 2? The 3rd one is gonna be SO AWESOME. I can't wait.

Riley

Ultimate Spider-Man

17 years ago
SP-3? Yeah, that looks pretty cool, just because that's the one with Venom, right? Yeah. Yeah.

Ultimate Spider-Man

17 years ago

I hope they have a cliff-hanger ending with Carnage in it.* That would be awesome.

*Carnage-Cletus Casady, red symbiote*

*Symbiote-Thing that's on Venom.

(For all you non-spidey fans out there)

Riley

Ultimate Spider-Man

17 years ago
Sure. Whatever.

Ultimate Spider-Man

17 years ago
But if we weren't Spiderman fans, we wouldn't know who Venom was :P

Ultimate Spider-Man

17 years ago
I despise the Ultimates.  You can't beat the old Lee-Ditko issues with this new "realistic" garbage.  Honestly!  It's like saying that Peter Jackson's The Lord of the Rings film trilogy is better than the original novel. 

Ultimate Spider-Man

17 years ago
Well, LOTR was better than the Hobbit. And the novels. Kind of.
But I don't like Marvel too much in the first place.

Ultimate Spider-Man

17 years ago
LOTR is much better

Ultimate Spider-Man

17 years ago

Yes, but The Hobbit started (and ended for that matter) as a simple, old-fashioned children's story, albeit an outstandingly good one.  The Lord of the Rings only began as a sequel to it, but "grew in the telling" to something more, eventually become more of a manifestation of Tolkien's true work, his legendarium, of which The Hobbit was never to be a part.  A better Tolkienic parallel to the whole "classic versus Ultimates" would be the contrast between the works of his published in his lifetime and those published posthumously and filled with good ol' Christopher's notes.  Which are better?  The answer is unequivocally his published novels.

Ultimate Spider-Man

17 years ago
Oh, and if you were saying that the The Lord of the Rings movies were superior to the novel, I suggest picking up your LOTR books and reading them one more time. 

Ultimate Spider-Man

17 years ago
As are most other people, Lance is one of those nerds who can't embrace manefestations of books into movies. For example, many people say that Harry Potter movies are much worse than the books. This is actually true and has scientifically been proven, but one can also say: "Yeah, YOU try making a 3-4 hour movie out of that book!" Both sides are worthy.
LOTR, The Hobbit, and their movies (The Hobbit movie will be made!) have the same debate.

Ultimate Spider-Man

17 years ago

scientifically proven? lol please, feel free to let me know where i can find that research. as for lance, hes simply stating that the books should not be overlooked by the movies. movies are never as complete as the original books. even if a movie deviates from a book and makes it more entertaining, the fact is, when that happens, its a different story. the books are the original story.

nate

Ultimate Spider-Man

17 years ago
"Scientific proof" is a joke.

Ultimate Spider-Man

17 years ago

well, i definately agree in most cases. in my years of psychology studying human behavior, there is a lot of crap out there. however, if you think it a joke, why use it as a way to prove your point?

btw, im not trying to be mean to you. im not trying to argue, but im curious.

nate

Ultimate Spider-Man

17 years ago

Okay, I am a HUGE Spiderman fan, so I'll put in my input. That sounds dumb doesn't it? Well, anyway.

Old Spiderman. The classics are good in many ways. For starters, it is the old ones that manifested the new ones that people read now. Yes, some of them were corny- extremely corny sometimes, even cheesy, but it's the same with horror movies, another love of mine. If it weren't for the original house of wax, we'd never get to see Paris get that pole through her head (or whatever it was, a stake or whatever. Same goes for old zombie movies, and old slasher flicks. Shaun of the Dead and Freddy would never have been born.

The negatives of old Spiderman? Occasionally, he'd talk to much, and some of the bad guys looked kind of dumb, even if some designs were genius, Doc Ock for example. But bad looking comic characters are important. No X-men, no movie in the now.

Another thing I hated in the comics was cameo appearances. The way The Punisher made an appearance, and got the whole 'if I kill them I'm just as bad as they are" treatment. Boo hoo! Where's the violence Stan? Where's the Punisher sticking the baddies or the propeller like the video game? Or using a buzz saw to cut them in half, balls to head?

I love that game by the way.

And another thing:

FANTASTIC FOUR sucks!

Sorry Stan.

Either way, Ultimate Spiderman, classic, or even the all new Mr Potato Head: Spidey Spud! you choose. Either way, the core concept of Spiderman is legendary.

Spiderman is the best.

Ultimate Spider-Man

17 years ago
Fantastic four DOES SUCK.

Ultimate Spider-Man

17 years ago
Yeah, because Dr. Doom is so weak. And if you get radiation, you usually die. Soon.

And Fleshy, just drop it. Please, thanks.

Ultimate Spider-Man

17 years ago
Drop what?

Ultimate Spider-Man

17 years ago
The scientific proof thing.