Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Quote for the day

16 years ago

"Everywhere is within walking distance - if you have the time."

- Steve Wright

Quote for the day

16 years ago

"Life is like a poker game. If you don't win, you lose."

- Garfield the Cat

Quote for the day

16 years ago
"I intend to live forever. So far, so good." - Steven Wright.

Quote for the day

16 years ago
"You better be careful when you walk out of your house onto the road because you never know where it might take you and when you might get back" - Bilbo Baggins (J.R.R Tolkein)

Quote for the day

16 years ago
Or something like that :P

Quote for the day

16 years ago
Learning from your mistakes is smart, learning from the mistakes of others is wise

Quote for the day

16 years ago
"Your'e reading one right now."- Captain Obvious on quotes

Quote for the day

16 years ago

i realize this one may not be what you are looking for, but its one of my favorite quotes:

"Nothing is more desirable than to be released from an affliction, but nothing is more frightening than to be divested of a crutch. "
James Baldwin

also, for the humorous side:

"I'll owe you $50 bucks on account. On account of I don't know why i owe it to you." Lou Costello.

nate

Quote for the day

16 years ago
"Tommorow is the today of tommorow"

Quote for the day

16 years ago
We should consider every day lost on which we have not danced at least once. And we should call every truth false which was not accompanied by at least one laugh. --Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote for the day

16 years ago
By all means marry; if you get a good wife, you'll be happy. If you get a bad one, you'll become a philosopher. - Socrates

Quote for the day

16 years ago
have the best attitude toward people, you never know when you might need them

Quote for the day

16 years ago
The worst way to miss someone is to have them right next to you, and know you can't have them.

Quote for the day

16 years ago
that's on october's profile.

Quote for the day

16 years ago
Never leave the one you love for the one you like because the one you like will have one they love

Quote for the day

16 years ago
I live by: "What goes around, comes around" (i have no idea who said that...)

Quote for the day

16 years ago

ratt actually used that in their song "round and round". but id say its much older than that lol

nate

Quote for the day

16 years ago
you know, I have no idea who made up that phrase.  (Hey, it's also a Justin Timberlake song now.)

Quote for the day

16 years ago
Yeah, he's bringing sexy back when it comes around.

Quote for the day

16 years ago
That's awesome.

Quote for the day

16 years ago
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
-Soren Kierkegaard

Quote for the day

16 years ago

"Why should people pay good money to go out and see bad films when they can stay home and see bad television for nothing? "

- Samuel Goldwyn

Quote for the day

16 years ago
give your all everytime, you never know who might be watching

Quote for the day

16 years ago
"I love scotch. Scotchy, scotch scotch. Down into my belly. Mmm. Mmm. Mmm."
-Ron Burgundy

Quote for the day

16 years ago
"A good name is rather to be chosen than great riches, and loving favour rather than silver and gold."  Proverbs 22:1

Quote for the day

16 years ago

Knowlegde is not complete with the wisdom to know how to use it

Quote for the day

16 years ago
A man who has nothing cannot know fear

Quote for the day

16 years ago

"a clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory."

"All those who believe in telekinesis, raise my hand."

ps. anyone else notice how this went from Quote of the day to Quotes of the day? lol

nate

Quotes for the day

16 years ago

"Wine is a mocker, strong drink is raging: and whosoever is deceived thereby is not wise."  King Solomon, Proverbs 20:1  (Thought I'd be a little controversial today)

Quotes for the day

16 years ago
The obvious is always the secluded

Quotes for the day

16 years ago

(f-word is in  white, highlight it to see it.) 

"I want to change the world with my music, because the world needs a big kick in the ass."

"I'm not gonna say anything inspirational, i'm just gonna fucking cuss a lot."

both by Billie joe armstrong from green day.

Quotes for the day

16 years ago

Oh, I've got a quote I'd love to say, but I think I'd get in trouble. . .

Quotes for the day

16 years ago

lol interesting.

nate

Quotes for the day

16 years ago
LOL "raise my hand!!!" lol thats funny

Quotes for the day

16 years ago
"This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.  For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would. But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law. Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God. But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law. And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.  If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another." ----Paul, Galatians 5:16-26

Quotes for the day

16 years ago

"I've Decomposed, and my gut's gettin' fat. Oh my god, i'm turning out like my Dad."-from green Day song: The Grouch

riley

Quotes for the day

16 years ago
"Where once we were free, now we're tied and bound.  Women."

Quotes for the day

16 years ago

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific."

- Lily Tomlin

Quotes for the day

16 years ago

lily tomlin is great.

nate

Quotes for the day

16 years ago

Holy Kleenex Batman. He was right under our nose and we blew it!" Robin

nate

Quote for the day

16 years ago
Any great truth can -- and eventually will -- be expressed as a cliche -- a cliche is a sure and certain way to dilute an idea. For instance, my grandmother used to say, 'The black cat is always the last one off the fence.' I have no idea what she meant, but at one time, it was undoubtedly true.
- Solomon Short