Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Why can't I...

19 years ago
Why can't I upload pictures or make advanced games? I have tried to several times, but the site won't let me (or something. Basically, I can't.)

re:Why can't I...

19 years ago
There is a limitiation to the size of the file uploads ... it is currently set at 50k. This should be fine for most GIF or JPG images -- are you having a problem with those?

As far as the advanced games, I'm not sure, what specifically is it doing?

19 years ago
I have a JPG picture that won't download either. Please tell me why.

19 years ago
No pictures over 50 kb will EVER load. That's the limit for all pictures. BMP files have a bad rep of being notoriously large files, I suggest saving it as a .gif or .jpeg to lower size of the file.
As far as the advanced game, it SHOULD work fine. If your game simply won't let you change it to an advanced game I suggest you start over (if it's feasible) and start with the game in advanced mode (it'll give a button after you have completed your game description)...
hope this helps?
march

19 years ago
Ok, now it loaded since I saved the pic as jpg. (That's not including my avatar). My game still won't change to advanced, though...

19 years ago
If I try to change the game into an advanced game, either the page won't load (the browser will tell me I can't view the page), or it will go to the "Uh oh...you broke it!" page. If it does load, I'll go back to the editor page to edit the adventure, and nothing will have changed, and it says it's still in normal mode.

19 years ago
That's definitely a bug then -- I gotta go fix that.

19 years ago
As for the pic-it's a BMP file, could that be a reason why it won't load?

19 years ago
That could be very possible -- can you save it as a GIF or JPEG and try?