Non-threaded

Forums » The Parlor Room » Read Thread

Questions about a storygame? Thoughts on Eternal? Any other IF you're playing out there?

The Wal*Mart UberEnding Project? (Spoiler!)

15 years ago

Interesting thread here: http://chooseyourstory.com/forums/Message.aspx?MessageId=4111

I think it'd be cool if a small group could Create the UberEnding... thoughts on what it would be?

15 years ago

i think we only have a few people who could write well enough to do that story any justice. none of which come around anymore. Seth, Madglee, End, Paul.

nate

15 years ago
Disagreement.

15 years ago

I could do it... My writing has come along in the past few years.

The main problem is that I don't have thatguy's puzzle making skills. I could describe a gun battle in great detail, though.

Then we need to describe what the ending IS... And that will be tricky. We'll need an interesting and shocking plot twist. But not one that seems cliche or childish.

15 years ago
I could do it too, same here.

I totally disagree that only those four are qualified.

15 years ago

you have stated that twice now. who else do you think is qualified? 

nate

15 years ago

I'd like to help, too.

15 years ago

badger, my bad. you would also be on the list of people i would think would be qualified to do this story justice.

nate

15 years ago
It could be made into a contest, and the best uber ending gets published. I was originally going to suggest that whoever does write it must pass a sort of judgement to deem whetehr it is worthy enough to pass the greatness that is the walmart game, but i decided, the best way to get people to write is a contest.

Any takers?

15 years ago

you have a great idea solo. many have said they can and would. but only the most dedicated and talented should have the right to such a staple of  CYS.

nate

15 years ago
exactly!! i rememebr that game when it came out and then thatguy left and we were crying about not having the uberending done! MY DREAM WILL COME TRUE (hehe)!!

anyways, Alex are you up for that? All you would have to do is judge (or choose a judge), and the prize is the uberending spot in the walmart game.

15 years ago

Hm... If this was a contest, I may just join myself. Probably not win, but hey, who knows?

15 years ago

I like it!

Here's my thoughts on how we could do this... whoever's interested in finishing the UberEnding would PM me with a short (100-200 word) description of how it would play out i they inished it. I'll read the ideas, (possibly) confer with thatguy, and give co-authorship of the game to finish it.

How's that sound? Without revealing your ending or what you would do, show of hands... who would be interested in "applying" for this?

15 years ago
gosh, I WILL!

15 years ago

good idea, i'd go for it.