Non-threaded

Forums » Bugs & Problems » Read Thread

Post reports about problems or bugs in here.
This bug was closed 5/31/2014: wontfix

Bug or just my poor scripting skills?

11 years ago

Server Error in '/' Application.

PostProcessed already!

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.Exception: PostProcessed already!

Source Error: 

Line 34: 			case "FollowLink":
Line 35: 				{
Line 36: 					StoryStateReturnValues ret = State.FollowLink(int.Parse(Request.Form["pbValue"]));
Line 37: 					switch (ret)
Line 38: 					{

Source File: c:\Websites\ChooseYourStory\ChooseYourStory.com\Story\Viewer\Default.aspx    Line: 36 

Stack Trace: 

[Exception: PostProcessed already!]
   ChooseYourStory.Stories.StoryState.PostProcess() in c:\BuildMasterAgent\_AGTTMP\_A4\_S11\SRC\ChooseYourStory\Stories\StoryState_PostProcess.cs:184
   ChooseYourStory.Stories.StoryState.FollowLink(Int32 linkId) in c:\BuildMasterAgent\_AGTTMP\_A4\_S11\SRC\ChooseYourStory\Stories\StoryState_PublicInterface.cs:258
   ASP.story_viewer_default_aspx.OnLoad(EventArgs e) in c:\Websites\ChooseYourStory\ChooseYourStory.com\Story\Viewer\Default.aspx:36
   System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +71
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +3048

That comes up whenever I type in my link script and test the game. This is the script I use:

$ITEMSTATE1 :=1

Sorry, I'm noob at scripting and am still trying to get the hang of it.

11 years ago

Use the page script, not link script. If I'm not mistaken link scripts can't change ITEMSTATE properly. Just a bug.

11 years ago

Thanks. Working perfectly now!

11 years ago

Still definitely a bug, good find.

11 years ago

Not meaning to sound impatient, but when is this bug most-likely to be fixed?

11 years ago

http://chooseyourstory.com/forums/bugs-and-problems/message/4981

It won't be, at least not anytime soon. You can use page scripts for anything you want to do in link scripts, so you'll have to do that.