Non-threaded

Forums » Advanced Editor Forum » Read Thread

Get help from the experts on variables, scripts, items, and other scary things.

Can you disable the "go back" button?

11 years ago

I mean, having that ability may be great for some games (specially in those in which you can die easily at the end of the story) but for others (specially those I would like to make) it is basically a cheat which is visible in every single page.

So, can you disable it? Thanks :D

11 years ago

I don't think you can, sorry. Maybe you can put in a request in the wishing well.

11 years ago

Good on you for referring to the FWW, but this idea has already been suggested and shot down here. It's both impossible to implement from a technical perspective without rebuilding the storygame engine and lacking community support.

11 years ago

No. We are overwhelmingly against this as a community. If your readers want to cheat... let them cheat!

11 years ago

Sometimes it could be important. Like, maybe your playing on a mobile device with a tiny screen and you accidently click the wrong answer and you want to go back. If we disable that, everybody playing on their tiny screens will have a lot of trouble playing.

11 years ago

It really doesnt even matter as an option, because even without a "Go Back" Button in the Site Code - users still have the Backpage Option(s) embedded in their Browser....

11 years ago

"Go Back" button isn't working in my BlackBerry, though.

11 years ago

If you have a full keyboard, try backspace key or alt/left arrow key...

11 years ago

Haven't thought of that. thanks. :D

11 years ago

YES! Finally, someone is thinking of the tiny screen people! THANKYOU!