Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

Preview Doesn't Work on Mobile?

7 years ago

I'm assuming it's either preview doesn't work on mobile, or something broke between the last time I tested it out on my friends laptop, and now.

When I click it, it only redirects you back to the page you were on. 

I'm pretty sure it's not because of adblock as my phone is too primitive to have Adblock.

7 years ago

Happens to me sometimes too. I think mabye the storytames are deleted but somehow stay on sneak peak or something?

7 years ago

I meant the new "Preview" option, within your storygame :)

7 years ago

Oh xD

7 years ago

CYS isn't supported on mobile so don't expect this to be fixed soon, but if there's a way for you to allow popups, that might help. I'm not sure what else to do to fix it. Does it work on a desktop?

7 years ago

It works on a desktop, that's for sure. Or it did when I tried it last.

7 years ago

It's probably pop-up blocking.

Which I'm guessing is being triggered because the preview button reloads the page first before trying to open the window (whereas the play button opens the window right away when clicked) so it isn't being considered a "user action".

7 years ago

I don't believe its popup blocking, because when I work on my storygame, popups definitely work. When I add a new link within a page, it works and I'm pretty sure that'd be blocked by anything that blocks popups.

Also, I think you're overestimating my phone...it definitely does not have any popup blocking program.

7 years ago

I have an older version of Safari on my PC that I use to test out things in a mobile-like environment and had the same issue until I disabled pop-up blocking.

As far as I know, mobile environments generally try to avoid downloading too much unnecessary data unless the user performs an action to do so, which is why things like autoplay usually don't work on mobile devices. If we assume this is the same for pop-up windows, then the reason some links work is because they are designed to open a window on a click action. The browser is ignoring the preview script because it's not run directly on click.

7 years ago

This post just made me realize that my phone probably is older than yours after all. Screw this talk about blocking pop-ups; I can't even get to a site that has pop-ups. Or use the search engine for that matter. Heck, I don't even know what browser it uses.

I guess if your game isn't too complex with the branching, then reading it off the editor should be fine.

7 years ago

I know I should, but it just bothers me. And actually, the branching is a bit crazy xD

My internet thing is called "Browser" and has a blue thingy on a white background thingy. Enough said xD

The only sites I can basically access are 1) Nothing with moving stuff. Seriously. It'll lag and then make my phone shutdown. 2) YouTube is an absolute no. Last time I tried, my phone wouldn't turn back on until I took the battery out, waited an hour, then tried to turn it on again. And 3) Well, actually...I guess there is Google.

7 years ago

That's nice. I can't even visit this site on mobile.