Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

I'm Making Progress but encounter bugs

6 years ago

I'm slowly but surly beginning to write my first storygame. I'm doing the classic mode because all the added whistles and bells of the advanced mode make it harder if your computer has  pop-up blockers. Even for the classic mode, though,  I've noticed that when you put titles for the option links, sometimes it adds additional text of random characters. I learned you can just erase that, but why does that happen?

6 years ago

Turn off the real text editor when writing a story. You'll get less weirdness that way.

6 years ago

Thanks. I'll try doing that. 

6 years ago
You know you can allow pop ups on specific sites where using them is necessary, such as this one, right?

It sounds like you're probably using the rich text editor and copying over from MSWord or some program that adds its own formatting weirdness, but I don't use either so I can't help you much here.

6 years ago

Okay, thanks for the advice. I'll try and see what editor I'm using. This has all been a learning process for me. 

6 years ago
Not sure what you're copying from, but you could paste it into a basic text editor before copy/pasting to the site. That should clear away all the useless characters you pick up from various word processing programs.

6 years ago

Okay, thanks. I'll see if I can do that.