Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

Any Greek Mythology based games?

2 months ago

Is there any Greek mythology based games that isn't set in modern times? I've been reading up on myths lately and I've been severely obsessed with them. It could be anything really, I don't really care much for quality of them. Even the most basic of adventures would be fine, even.

I'm currently reading through the Odyssesy (soon the Illiad too), and I want to indulge myself in more classic adventures similar to it. x)

Much appreciated!

2 months ago

I don't even think we have any Greek myth stuff set in modern times mainly because for some odd reason we don't have a lot of Greek myth stuff in general. Weird, seems like we should have a bit more than we do.

Anyway, this is the only one that comes to mind.

A Hero's Odyssey

There might be a few others in the edutainment or historical section.

2 months ago
It used to be the consensus that Greek mythology was kind of dull and overused, probably because of school projects. But I think Hero's Oddyssey is the only survivor from that era at this point.

A lack of modern Greek based stuff is probably because of our disdain for fanfic, there's probably nothing but that Percy Jackson shit in other places.

2 months ago

I'll check it out! Thanks!

2 months ago
If I recall, I believe this one is greek based. https://chooseyourstory.com/story/soul-thief Really good story.

2 months ago
There's a couple of familiar names in the pantheon, but it's not really Greek based. Still worth a read though, like all of Hatter's stuff.

2 months ago

I'll probably keep it in my saves. Hatter has some really promising stuff as I've seen so far! So I'll likely check it out!

2 months ago
You might like Magno for being sort of generally in the neighbordhood of the genre even if it's not ever going to be continued, it's historical fiction about Alexander the Great.

But honestly, you'd have more fun just finding a place to stream that old Hercules show with Kevin Sorbo.

2 months ago
Good stuff. You can watch it on Prime

2 months ago

It's unpublished and has issues, but here