WatchNon-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Message

A place to sit back, hang out, and talk about anything you'd like.

Ready Player One

24 days ago

How did they fuck up the movie so badly?

Ready Player One

24 days ago

I thought the book was generally considered trash anyway, so did it really matter?

Looks like its doing well with the masses either way though.

Ready Player One

24 days ago

I mean the book was written terribly but it was a fun read. Not literature by any means but there is a reason it has a massive fanbase. 

Ready Player One

3 days ago

The book was good, but I think his next book Armada, is better. Still, the movie is good. 

Ready Player One

3 days ago

Armada is objectivly terrible.

Ready Player One

23 days ago

What a coincidence. I just got back from watching that movie. It is indeed quite bad.

Ready Player One

21 days ago

I used to be a big Steven Spielberg fan as a childling and all, but his films lately have been all meh to garbage. I just want him to hurry up and make a second Tintin.

The Ready Player One protag anime face makes me laugh. You could've probably watched the Barbie gamer girl movie and got the same experience.

Ready Player One

18 days ago

I have good news for you. Peter Jackson is the director of Tintin two. 

Ready Player One

18 days ago

I heard about that, and then the third one could be both Spielberg and Jackson.

I sincerely hope that they make it to the third one. I also sincerely hope it's the Blue Lotus. Think of how lovely that would be, assuming they cut out the Japanese racism!

Ready Player One

20 days ago

Ernest Cline is a faggot, a beta, and a trashcan dweller, all in equal measure . It would stand that any adaptation of his his work would be drenched in shit. 

Ready Player One

20 days ago

I personally found the movie quite entertaining to watch, but I did think the romantic elements were forced. And the danger in the OASIS didn't exactly feel real. Plus, I thought The Shining part could have been more subtle.

But the use of Chucky as a weapon made me laugh.