Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Any "Out there" shooters?

3 years ago

I have been getting a little bored with the typical shooters on steam, and have been looking for some that are more on the weird side. Does anyone have a recommendation for something like this? It would be much appreciated!!

P.S. I have already played E.Y.E Divine Cybermancy and was kind of into it for a bit, but ultimately lost intrest.

3 years ago
Ravenfield. I still have the beta in a zip folder from before it was on steam.

greenlight video from release in 2017

gameplay video discussing some recent updates

3 years ago

What sort of weird are you looking for?

Going purely based on you having played E.Y.E., if you found interest in it due to the whole "Surreal, Ambitious, but janky" type of charm it has I'd reccommend You Are Empty. It's like a Russian Silent Hill and it's pretty short, so it doesn't really last long enough to get boring.

If you're after a visually interesting world with wild worldbuilding, there's Clive Barker's Jericho. Though I lost interest in that one myself as it can get pretty long and doesn't really introduce many new elements over time. There's also the Timesplitters series, and NECROVISION. Of these, Timesplitters probably has the highest overall polish and quality, but Necro's pretty up there.

If you liked it because it had weird novel mechanics that you don't often see in FPS games, I would reccommend Tribes or Bioshock, where the games emphasize your movement and powers over strictly the shooting and weapons portion of the gameplay.

If you liked it because you like warring factions of overdesigned transhumanists stamping around in giant metal cathedrals, I'd reccommend Space Hulk: Deathwing (the video game, not the board one.)

And lastly, when in doubt, there's always Painkiller.

3 years ago

Thanks for all the suggestions man! I'll for sure look into these games and see if they are what im looking for. Again thank you

3 years ago

Also, if you liked it due to the mix of swords and guns, I'd recommend the Shadow Warrior reboot.

3 years ago
Golden Light on steam is a pretty fun FPS, I actually can't explain this one well because it just one big rabbit hole, a Youtuber named charlatan wonder made an explanation of what the game is all about and I think it's pretty well made, There is also Ultrakill in which mankind has gone extinct and the only thing left is machines fueled by the blood that decides to go to hell to harvest their fuel, it is stylized as an old school FPS but has similar mechanics of modern shooters like Doom (2016), and character action-based like Devil May Cry.

3 years ago

Get to the Orange Door is a cool movement shooter based on Titanfall's mechanics, with a pretty whacky art style. It's definitely a little "out there".

3 years ago

Heavy Bullets

3 years ago
STALKER Call of Pripyat is literally the best shooter ever.