Player Comments on >DEVOTION

Wow! I love this game! So epic although I wish it was a bajillion pages longer, I just love Mizal's stories so much!!!
-- WarHammer368 on 1/13/2021 6:15:15 PM with a score of 0
Good game
-- LeStab on 1/6/2021 4:42:51 PM with a score of 0
I really like how the writing slowly reveals the world of this story and fleshes out the POV character! And who doesn't love post-apocalyptic robots?
-- Garrison_Bell on 12/22/2020 7:26:50 PM with a score of 0
I'm into it.
-- anneisin on 12/15/2020 6:40:09 PM with a score of 0
I wish it was longer.
-- stargirl on 12/5/2020 10:52:17 AM with a score of 0
Quite a good story considering it's length(tiny-topia). Substantial information, and great robotics!
-- PerforatedPenguin on 11/16/2020 11:27:39 AM with a score of 0
Good start. Hopefully it gets longer.
-- ace_dogg on 10/18/2020 9:54:18 PM with a score of 0
Short but well written, I liked how the characters acted and the world was built.
-- alpenianA on 7/29/2020 3:55:33 AM with a score of 0
This was really fun to read and pretty cool. I liked having to go through multiple options to get the lore and background story instead of having it dumped onto a single page or something.

Got the rebellion ending first which was cool. Although Im sure like many branches that ended terribly for our robot protagonist.

Really cool, bruh
-- corgi213 on 7/16/2020 3:13:13 PM with a score of 0
Made me like robots even more. The story felt complete under 2000 words, which I imagine is quite the feat. I found the >DEVOTION to humans very endearing, even if it was abused by the administrator. Would still love to see a robot revolution with WALL-E as the leader. I guess my imagination will have to suffice, or maybe I'll go re-watch the movie. :P
-- corvus on 5/24/2020 6:45:05 PM with a score of 0
This is a short story about a machine hell in what was a human heaven. Follow the footsteps of a robot gladiator as he follows or doesn't follow the directions of the most human robot on the planet.
-- DerPrussen on 5/24/2020 4:45:22 AM with a score of 0
At first, I was put off by the font, questioning why on hell you would put so much pain and effort into getting something objectively worse to work. Must be some weird artsy thing, I thought. I mindlessly read through, thought the spectators were weird sounding, thought the loading bot was some sort of testing dummy for an obviously martial society, and thought the POV had some sort of war paint on. Weird choices too, with the > making me think of something, while not quite being able to put my finger on what.

Then it dawned on me. Damn, I was stupid. I suddenly liked the font and the >choices, so good job on that.

I liked how you fleshed the world out, refraining on putting much information on the main branch, while still rewarding death-choices with information. But I didn’t like how to ending choice >repair ended without any closure. I get why you did it, 2k really isn’t a lot, but it still feels off to let the story end like that.

I also enjoyed how you portrayed the machines, making them feel artificially human. It’s just enough to be able to empathize, while still making them feel distinctly different. I think that damn font helped a lot in that regard, so good job on that pain and effort.

-- enterpride on 4/29/2020 8:19:52 PM with a score of 0
It's a short game dye to the theme, but contains a surprisingly developed world and an intriguing main character. Each of the paths adds details to the robotic civilization and the rules and heirarchy if the world.

There was a slight melancholy, longing for purpose, and hint of quirkiness to the main character which I liked.
-- Camelon on 4/29/2020 2:20:05 PM with a score of 0
I really enjoyed this. The beginning parts really gave me that feeling you get when watching a good movie with an apocalyptic theme or a book in the same respect. It gave me many questions and was a story that I found was able to answer those questions when I'd thought about it or had gotten far enough. All around a great read and a great atmosphere.
-- Yuuko8hp on 4/28/2020 4:24:13 PM with a score of 0