Non-threaded

Forums » Bugs & Problems » Read Thread

Post reports about problems or bugs in here.
This bug was closed 1/10/2024: Link IDs are currently invisible but database for link scripts does not update upon link deletion

New links fill link scripts randomly

4 years ago
Sometimes, I've found in my storygame that newly created links come with existing script. I'm not sure exactly the nature, but I managed to find one just now and checked out what link script was copied into the new link. It seemed like a completely random script from a link on a page not even related to either pages the link was connecting. I'm not sure what page/link it was from though. It's really weird. I think it's only when I create a link to an existing page, but may also apply to a newly created page. Even weirder is that this only seems to have started happening recently. I've noticed this a few times now, and I'm wondering how many links I've made without realising they've got some random script in. My story has a huge amount of script and almost every link has script in it, so I don't know if this plays into it. Anyone else got this?

4 years ago
I had a few times where I lost links on a page, then created a new one to an existing page (to replace the on that disappeared), which then populated the script with the script from the old link that had disappeared.

If you're able to track down the link that's the source of the script that the new link gets it'd go a long way to figuring it out.

4 years ago
I had this happen to me once too. I think it's just something that snuck into that last update to the editor.

4 years ago
Naw, its existed for well over a year.

4 years ago
I think it might be when I create a link to a page that already has one or more links leading to it. I'll keep my eye out for this happening again and, if it does, search for the original link supplying the script to establish what the relationship is.

3 years ago
Just caught this happening again. It looks like the automatically inputted link script was the same as what I had CTRL + C copied at the time, so that might be it. However, it also happened to be the script that leads to the page the new link was created on, so maybe it's also possible the page was copying link scripts from pages that led to it into its own links? Eh.

3 years ago
I had something like this happen yesterday while I was helping someone with item scripts. Sometimes the thing I'd been pasting was already in the window....but then sometimes not. NFI, i was just guessing some weird refreshing issue. All the items had the same name though and I'm not sure if that was a factor.

3 years ago
Happened again. This time, it copied the script originally from a deleted link on a completely unconnected page. What. E: Possibly the last link I deleted.

3 years ago
JJJ is a good guy, and I love the way he efficiently disposes of manipulative tranny pedos with MPD when they get into power somehow, but when it comes to the site code stuff he's good at two things: disappearing, and breaking shit. Not necessarily in that order.

3 years ago
Well I guess maybe in that order, depending on where in the cycle you start.

3 years ago
He's the dad that "went out for milk" and never came back I never had.