Non-threaded

Forums » Creative Corner » Read Thread

Take part in collaborative works, share your short stories, poems, original artwork and more.

MHD made a C O O L SEAL

4 years ago
Commended by mizal on 2/18/2020 5:42:56 PM

It was the crack of dawn. The sun had painted the earth in all her firey colors for the first time since last darkness. while most citizens were awakening to go about their daily business, The ORDER gathered in their ossuary at this chilly hour, with the dew and the fog of the world above leaking into their catacombs like so much human pulp.

"It's come to pass that we must do something." Said the elder hooded one, "There are stray cats on every corner, and the illiterate dregs who rot on our streets are innumerable. There comes a time when the mightiest of us are called upon to do what ordinary citizens cannot."

"Ita vero." was repeated throughout the council.

"It is henceforth our responsibility, and our privilege, not only to clean up the Sacred Cytadel, but to further deter those who would take advantage of its hospitality." Said the Elder, "On this night, and all others, the imbeciles will fear the Hand of Mod. On this night, brothers, they will know why the flag of our nation is the color of skin and blood."

"Illae autem discite."

When the sun rose again, the streets were red with blood, and slick with human fat. The slums were burning, and those village idiots who did not lay dismembered in the streets were displayed on pikes. Over the forest of impalement hung a strange red banner. Rumors began to spread once more of a forgotten order, nearly lost to the ages...

MHD made a C O O L SEAL

4 years ago
It's really quite badass, although the flag is Sentinel's edit.

Now that we are a proper secretive sinister society, we need to think of things the CYS Illuminati can pull the strings of from the shadows. Besides the stuff we're already doing I mean.

MHD made a C O O L SEAL

4 years ago

Here is the original.

Here is the black version. (I swear it's there. :~))

Here is the black and white version.

And I'm not posting the white version because some people can't behave themselves.

MHD made a C O O L SEAL

4 years ago

It's prefectly aesthetical, I have no idea what you're whining about!

MHD made a C O O L SEAL

4 years ago

Even a little bit of adjustment can make it look decent! ;~(

fixed

MHD made a C O O L SEAL

4 years ago

That's far less striking and evil-looking. Red, black, and white are critical for Classically Evil Flags! This just makes it look muddy and normal.

MHD made a C O O L SEAL

4 years ago

I suppose if we wanted to defeat anyone, we'd just show them your flag and blind them with oversaturated colors.

MHD made a C O O L SEAL

4 years ago

Sure, if they're some sort of cave-dwelling mole goblin who can't touch photons. In which case, my flag keeps all the babies of cystia safe from being dragged into the sewers and eaten. You're welcome.

MHD made a C O O L SEAL

4 years ago

Wait, doesn't saving babies make us not evil?

MHD made a C O O L SEAL

4 years ago

The key is to be selective in whose babies we protect. Using the lives of children for political power keeps our puppet governments from getting the upper hand.

MHD made a C O O L SEAL

4 years ago

May I recommend a Latin tag?  All of the best seals have them:

AUT SCRIBE AUT MORI

("Write or Die")

FINISDOMINUS URGET NOS

"We are compelled by Endmaster"

I figure one is for the reverse seal.

MHD made a C O O L SEAL

4 years ago

VIRUS UNDIQUE EVOMENTES = omnidirectional vitriol spewing

Useful Latin dictionary. The English section is a bit more barren than the main Italian one, but it's still better than nothing.

Wonderful seal by MHD btw.

MHD made a C O O L SEAL

4 years ago

This is the one I used on my profile. I liked the darker red and black.

MHD made a C O O L SEAL

4 years ago
Ooh! Very enigmatic indeed!

How about this?

Partum Sorbere Iudex

(Create Absorb Judge)

MHD made a C O O L SEAL

4 years ago

It's been a long long time since my Latin classes, but that can't be right.  As best I can recall, partum is indicative (not imperative), sorbere can be imperative (which is fine), and iudex is the noun for judge or referee, not the verb.

We don't want to be the guy who gets a cool foreign phrase tattooed on our arm that ends up meaning "Potato Strong Who Am"

MHD made a C O O L SEAL

4 years ago
Speak for yourself.

MHD made a C O O L SEAL

4 years ago
I suspected the judge part might be a noun. Maybe a more accurate one is obtained by prefixing each with 'to' like "to judge"?

In this case Google translate gives Facere, ad Hauriendum, ad Iudicem.

No idea how how close it is haha!

Also, potatoes rock. Capscicum Annuum Quis Ego Strong!!!