Non-threaded

Forums » Creative Corner » Read Thread

Take part in collaborative works, share your short stories, poems, original artwork and more.

5-minute help with a project requested

2 years ago

Hey all!  I've been designing a personality classification system, and in order to make it more accurate, I'd like to get as much raw data as I can from real people.  If you've got a few minutes to spare, could you take this quiz and post your eight raw scores in a comment on the quiz?  In addition to raw scores, you'll receive a description of your results if that interests you.  This should take less than five minutes to do.

Link:  Classification Quiz

If anyone has any questions or advice, please let me know!

2 years ago

@enterpride @mizal @Abgeofriends Thanks for the feedback!  I'm hearing that you all want some more descriptive, entertaining, and scenario-based questions, so I'll take it down and work on changing the questions.

@mizal What did you mean about using specific examples of characters?  It sounded interesting, but I'm not sure what you meant.

2 years ago

Glad I could help, Also I went a little bit harsh on the comment I sent you. It's a pretty good game, but it could use improvement to make It a better, well rounded story.

2 years ago
You have that list of characters from major franchises at the end that you got from somewhere, what I meant is to maybe tie that in a little more with actual specific examples or quotes from them.

Although that might be more work than just making up your own scenarios.

2 years ago
No problem, good luck with that.

On a side note, were the results supposed to get so high? Maybe I'm just misremembering mine, but when your model puts different characteristics opposed on an axis, the two combined shouldn't amount to more than the theoretical maximum you could obtain for a single one.

2 years ago

@enterpride @mizal @Abgeofriends I just finished editing the questions to make them scenario-based rather than just straight questions.  Would you be willing to give it another look and let me know if this improves the quiz?

@mizal Got it, I see what you mean.  That does sound like it would take a while.  I might go back and do that at some point, but for now I'll focus on the scenario approach.

@enterpride You're remembering accurately, the scores for the axis can be as high as 24.  They're an addition of the two scores rather than an average.

2 years ago

Hell yah, Looks much better. But maybe you should add more to each question,(they seem a bit vague), But it's improved. I like how it's story based now, good addition!

2 years ago
It's definitely an improvement, although at the moment it feels more rushed lolrandom rather than humorous, especially at the scenarios where it's little more than a line.

The main thing I get from this is wanting a full worked out LOTR cyoa where the choices you make reflect on your personality test later

2 years ago

Now I want that too, lol.  I think if I'm going to make this system work with CYS's standards and target audience, I'm going to have to spend more time on it than two afternoons.  I think I can probably make this work, but not while I'm also trying to finish my contest storygame.  I'll probably revisit it after I finish that, I'm going to unpublish it for now.

I think that what I was actually trying to do (create a personality classification system ala mbti/enneagram) probably isn't appropriate for this site anyway.  I'll keep that project semi-separate, and focus on the LOTR-style quiz aspect.

2 years ago
Are you still working on this? I see you took it down again, it looks a lot more fun to go through now though and I'd definitely raise my rating.

2 years ago

I took it down because I realized I probably shouldn't be working on two projects at once, and republishing Diplomat is a higher priority.

I also realized I'm actually working on two different projects here, the classification system described in the results, and the quest-style cyoa personality test.  The classification system isn't actually a cyoa and probably doesn't belong on this site, and the quest-based cyoa would take a lot more time and effort to do well.  I'll probably continue working on it after finishing Diplomat.

I'll put it back on sneak preview.  If you think the question change is actually enough of an improvement, let me know and I'll republish it.