Non-threaded

Forums » Feature Wishing Well » Read Thread

Suggestions for improvements and additions to the site.
This feature was accepted 8/19/2019: Yeah
This feature was completed 8/27/2019: Updated the RTE but didn't actually add the alignment thing. We'll see if there's demand.

Use a better RTE

9 years ago

Just realized that in the recent updates, the alignment function was removed.  While not a major concern for most people, I think it helped with some storygames' atmosphere, like getting a rebound effect by placing stanzas aligned right, left, and centered, or a bulletin text would be centered.

Not sure why it was removed, but I thought it was a fairly decent function to have with aligning text.  IMO, it's a lot easier than spamming the "Increase Indent" button, which indents the whole paragraph instead of the line anyway.

Minor change to current text editor

9 years ago

I haven't seen that option up before since I'm kinda-ish (yes, I know that isn't a word) new (19 days). But I still think that it's a good idea and easy to implant since it was up before. It would make it easier to, say, put in ritual songs for a specific part of a story game, or put in a recited prophesy as well as the poems.

9 years ago
Is this a rich-text editor thing? the html align syntax works fine :s

9 years ago

I don't know how to do that type of stuff. And wouldn't that only work in the Advanced Editor? What if someone wanted to make a basic game that needed it?

9 years ago
advanced editor is for storygames, swift and I are referring to the text editor - as in the text box you type into to write posts and story games and edit your profile page text.

9 years ago

Oh.

9 years ago

I just find it a hassle since I'm not thrown directly into Source.  Besides, buttons and highlights gets everything done a lot faster and seamlessly.

9 years ago
I'll use buttons and highlights when they work 100% of the time and don't have any glitches/problems.

9 years ago

You and your goddamn boxes of code, Ford!

9 years ago

So..?

Use a better RTE

4 years ago

Renamed this and using it as a placeholder to stand for work to be done on the RTE in general.

Use a better RTE

4 years ago
No I say we KILL the RTE.

Let Killa do it, he's earned this.

Use a better RTE

4 years ago

We don't want people to have to write HTML to write stories here.

Use a better RTE

4 years ago

Seconded. I toggle the RTE on and off as necessary. I realize it has limits and bugs, but if all I want to do is make a word italicized, I shouldn't have to type out what every other editor on the face of the planet does with a button-click.

Use a better RTE

4 years ago
....it takes longer to reach for the mouse, click the button, than settle your hand back on the keyboard again then to type an italics tag though. There's a reason hot keys are a thing in gaming.

Use a better RTE

4 years ago

This isn't about prescribing the best way to write a story, it's about making the storygame editor accessible to a wide audience.

Use a better RTE

4 years ago
If it's going to be thoroughly fixed and improved than that's great, in the meantime maybe it should at least be off by default when a new account is created. It feels like "first, turn off the RTE" has become the default answer to a lot of the issues newbies run into with the editor and forum.

Use a better RTE

4 years ago

Fixing it is the plan.

Use a better RTE

4 years ago

Unless, of course, you're working on a laptop, in which case there is no mouse to reach for.

Even better: hitting ctrl-I.

smiley

Use a better RTE

4 years ago

Reasons:

- Alignment

- Better spacing

- Pics in-line

- PMs