Non-threaded

Forums » Feature Wishing Well » Read Thread

Suggestions for improvements and additions to the site.
This feature was accepted 8/19/2019: Agreed. Change membership every twelve months. Award trophies. Individual commendations persist but only commendations acquired in the last twelve months count.

Order restructuring

6 years ago
Reset and rerandomize commendations and Orders at the beginning of every year.

As great as it would be having the boot of the Sages pressed to everyone's face, forever, it'd be better to have actual competition as incentive, and no one should be able to rest on their laurels.

Order restructuring

6 years ago

I second this. 
There's something similar on another site I've been to, and that happens monthly. I don't think this site is quite populated enough for that frequently though. Maybe every 6 months? That would give enough time for an order to start to clearly pull ahead of the rest, but not so long that we're in our current predicament. Checking the news and updates, it seems that the commendations and such have been around for roughly a year, and with the sages so far ahead I think that a yearly basis for the randomization would be a bit too long. 

Maybe a bonus 10-15 points or something to all the members in the order that's in first place when it gets randomized again. Something to have people start nagging other people in their order to get to work doing something. 

Order restructuring were

6 years ago
Sages have been ahead since the very beginning, it was on account of the RNG lumping together most of the more active members and has nothing to do with length of time.

Also half of those are from Thara and Minnie and it won't really ever be possible for anyone to pull in that many all at once ever again.

Order restructuring

6 years ago
I wouldn't mind this -- but with a prize, because everyone likes prizes.

I don't know what, but members of the order that's ahead at the reset should get something. Maybe just 1 point.

Order restructuring

6 years ago
A temporary trophy that all Order members keep for the following year would be nice, but that requires more work to implement. More fair than points though since the vast majority of members in every order will be slackers and no names that have never even been on the forum or rated a game.

Order restructuring

6 years ago
Could always give points just to those who achieve commendations within their orders, making the points earned commensurate to the number of comms.

Order restructuring

6 years ago
I think we discussed something like this before (or in the Moderator Board) maybe... I like the idea though.

Order restructuring

6 years ago
@Malkalack do you have anything else to suggest here. Seems like you're suffering a lot of inner turmoil on this subject and need an out of the way place to scream at the walls.