Non-threaded

Forums » Feature Wishing Well » Read Thread

Suggestions for improvements and additions to the site.
This feature was accepted 11/3/2022: Good idea
This feature was completed 8/15/2023: admin powers have been lightly cracked into a few perms

Accepting own article

one year ago

I'd like to have the ability for those with minor article moderation powers to accept their own article after major revisions, because the workaround for it is really annoying.  When I am exhuming the cadavers of dead CYSians' articles and rewriting their articles, a single button accept would be so much easier than the current annoying way of changing the author name in edit, accepting the edit, unpublishing, re-editing the name for some reason, reaccepting, and then like six other steps that I have to rediscover every time I do it. 

Removing the block on self-accept would allow me to revise and put up articles more quickly and easily and more efficiently incentivize me to use this minor power for evil and self-dealing and not for good.

Accepting own article

one year ago
You make a powerful argument--or so I assume, because article mod was only a brief stepping stone on my way to ultimate power and I never bothered learning how any of that worked--but this will depend on Tony.

Accepting own article

one year ago
I tested this to make sure it works in local changes. I'll push some of these to the site later. All that trouble just because the source code lazily checked only for Site Admin and not Article Admin, sigh.