Non-threaded

Forums » Feature Wishing Well » Read Thread

Suggestions for improvements and additions to the site.
This feature was accepted 4/5/2014: Like October said, refresh should happen but it should take you to the same page position that you were in.

[Editor] Change Auto-Refresh Behavior on AdvEditor

17 years ago
Note:
This feature was originally accepted on Aug 15 2006 3:10PM, but was subsequently demoted to "New" in The Feature Wishing Well Clean-out.

The acceptance comments were Not a bad idea; will do.
Whenever you are editing your game, when you click close and save changes, it takes you back to the top of the page list.  This can be really annoying some times, to keep on scrolling down.

17 years ago
Yah, it is annoying.  There's no "idea" here but I think he wants it so that the page dosen't refresh to the top.  Mabey it could refresh to where it's at.  I don't know how that's done though and it'd seem hard to me.

17 years ago
Maybe have it not refresh at all............

17 years ago
it has to or it would still look like "this is a new page" also it can be done i've seen it.

17 years ago

I'm open to changing this behavior. The reason it refreshes is cause you can add a whole bunch of new pages (by creatinga Link to a New Page) and it won't be reflected on the chapter page unless the chapter page is refreshed.

Would you guys prefer to manually refresh it? Or, like in the old adv editor, there was a little box that said that the pages may have changed, and gives u opportunity to click link to refresh.

17 years ago
*Put a refresh page button on the side bar.*
It'd be useful in many, many places.

17 years ago
agreement.

11 years ago

I reckon it'd be better if the page auto-refreshed like it does now but, after refreshing, the page scrolls down automatically to the page you just edited (similar to how the forums work now after you make a new post).

11 years ago

Totally agree with October.

11 years ago

Agreed.