Non-threaded

Forums » Writing Workshop » Read Thread

Find proofreaders here, useful resources, and share opinions and advice on story crafting.

Need someone's opinion on this.

10 years ago

I have a rough draft of a story about a man who rescues a girl (13 or 14) in a post national disaster ( an earthquake that takes out the entire west coast. Its been at least two months and its obvious that help is not on its way, and they work together to find a way out of the chaos. 

I'm just wondering if its been done before. I'd like my story to be original. 

10 years ago

Probably has at some point (something similar at least). Still, no reason why you shouldn't do it ;)

10 years ago

True... Very true, I'm going to write the story first and then the game after. I probably wont finish till mid 2014.

10 years ago

Sounds good at one point or another most have been written or in another form. 

10 years ago

I was just reading the plot to I am alive( the video game). I'm going to have to change the conflict in this story.

10 years ago

You're going to be hard pressed to come up with something original, but good luck. I know I couldn't do it =P

10 years ago

Don't stress too much about whether your idea has been done before, it's more your writing style and the unique things about your characters and how they deal with the conflict that makes a story interesting rather than the basic plot itself.

There are basically only seven stories anyway (or eight, or nine, depending on who you ask...), so it's kind of impossible for any author to be really original.