Non-threaded

Forums » The Parlor Room » Read Thread

Questions about a storygame? Thoughts on Eternal? Any other IF you're playing out there?

Eternal (SPOILERS)

9 years ago

Hey everyone, I just recently finished a play through of Eternal, and this game is fairly epic so I decided to create a topic here to discuss some questions I had for others.

Has anyone managed to find if one of the endings allows you to actually be immortal?  

I Had 3 endings which were:

Marrying Dacena and having my brain in a tank, outliving everyone and eventually killing myself.

Marrying Dacena and putting myself at risk to make further generations of Eternal's fertile, which works. Seeing the first Eternal born via natural birth then saying goodbye to Dacena and ending my own life.

Being put into a magic box by Semra and waking up 500 years later. Choosing not to stay in a shell of a body with Semra later on, and instead marrying Jennifer and allowing her son to be my Heir.

Would love to continue the relationship with either Allison and not having her die, or Semra and having us both alive. But haven't figured out if I can yet.

Eternal (SPOILERS)

9 years ago

http://chooseyourstory.com/forums/the-parlor-room/message/10357 - Most people use this by the way.

I do not think you can have a relationship with Semra to be honest, although I would actually like that to be a thing.

There is a secret ending for (Spoilers) Allison where you die and go to heaven, you live for eternity with her.

"Marrying Dacena and having my brain in a tank, outliving everyone and eventually killing myself." -  That is the ending where you become immortal but you simply do not want to live any more. That is why he kills himself.

Eternal (SPOILERS)

9 years ago

Yea I saw that but to be honest I wasn't sure that was the right place simply because it seemed like a release and discussion of release topic, apologies.

It would like to be a thing, in one of the endings it states a black flower not native to any continent I discovered was left at my burial site every year, seemingly from Semra. Really makes me wish there could be a story line where you fall in love with her. Decena didn't give you that connection, and the only reason I took that path at all is to try to provide more story to the game. 

It really did manage to make you feel like your character was the empire. 

Eternal (SPOILERS)

9 years ago

There is exactly one ending that gives you true immortality and you live forever, but the price is pretty high.

You can also end up with Alison in one of the non-epilogue endings in that same branch as well. You just don't gain immortality. (literally or symbolically)

If you're crazy enough, there is another non-epilogue ending in the 500 years branch that allows you to end up with Semra. Goes about as well as that relationship could be expected. Some people just aren't meant to be together.

Eternal (SPOILERS)

9 years ago

Ah, so you went through the 'True Eternal' route. lol Usually it's better to go through the Soldier and Shadow paths first.

@Endmaster, I never did find the true immortality end. Is there someway I could get some assistance on that from you? (Or the alison ending)

Eternal (SPOILERS)

9 years ago

Something about being Eternal that drew me in I guess lol I would also like some tips to do with the immortality ending.

Eternal (SPOILERS)

9 years ago

I thought it was pretty straightforward. If you did things right, you'll end up at the crossways between sacrificing your gonads for immortality, or sacrificing your life so your children can have functional gonads.

Then you'll have to survive the midget-mechanic's adoptive daughter after she realizes she was supposed to be a princess (which, I don't know why, but she had every other reason not to go kamikaze mode and might as well fuck one of your children, but okay), and after that, you'll do either procedure.

Alison ending, I think, is when you die (or something along the lines of losing :P) at the undead island place, and then you're given three choices :

1. Fight against Death, and get rekt.

2. Accept Death, and get sent to Life #2 with Alison.

3. Bargain with Death, and become his lackey as an immortal fighter.

Eternal (SPOILERS)

9 years ago

Ah, so the space Emperor was the immortality ending?

I'll have to go explore the Alison Ending then. TY.

Eternal (SPOILERS)

9 years ago

Harbringer ending was true immortality, I believe.

Eternal (SPOILERS)

9 years ago

I think I did the one where you sacrifice your "gonads", but it would suck where the brain ending is the only immortality route.

As for the undead island, I died there a few times and nothing like that happened, or do you mean in the temple where you have the option of attacking the guy in the robe?

Eternal (SPOILERS)

9 years ago

I just replayed this through, but I get to the island of Mortos and can't find either of those endings, everytime I die it is permanent. I only get the option of entering the portal or attacking. Can you explain this more?

Eternal (SPOILERS)

9 years ago

He is referring to the second time you go to Mortos. After the first time, follow all of the non-death links to the part where you are fighting Mortimer/Zelvix with Decena/Semra. When you are given the option to save Decena or help Semra, choose to help semra. Eventually, you will wind up attacking Mortos, if I remember correctly.

Eternal (SPOILERS)

9 years ago

Yea I just got to that bit :) thanks for the help guys.

Eternal (SPOILERS)

9 years ago

You're welcome.

Eternal (SPOILERS)

9 years ago

The first major break in that branch is when you're fighting Mortimer/Zelvix, you help Semra rather than Decena. 

From there you eventually invade Dokkrus to gain the chance to invade Mortos and then gain the secret to true immortality...and then doom the entire world in the process and face the Death God.

Then you get three final choices like Swift said.

Eternal (SPOILERS)

9 years ago

I don't think I fought Zelvix, that just reminds me of Necromancer lol. 

This game is so damn big lol I didn't even know Dokkrus existed.!

Eternal (SPOILERS)

9 years ago

That's because Zelvix is Velzix's brother.

You had to have fought him if you got the brain in a jar and Paragon endings though.

Eternal (SPOILERS)

9 years ago

I actually cannot remember who Zelvix is, I remember fighting with Semra and Dacena together, I did originally choose Semra though when I found out Dacena was being killed I went back and chose her instead.

Eternal (SPOILERS)

9 years ago

Okay, I have a question, Endmaster. Is the Death God the main character from Necromancer?

Eternal (SPOILERS)

9 years ago

Sort of a cameo, I believe. A nod of acknowledgement to all of us who absolutely loved Necromancer.

Eternal (SPOILERS)

9 years ago

Of course it's him.

True I don't make any direct references, but if you've already read Necromancer...well it's fairly obvious it's him.

Eternal (SPOILERS)

9 years ago

Sorry. That's what I thought. I just didn't know for sure and it kinda sucks to think that the whole "death" thing really sucks that much for him. Well, it kinda sucked at the end of Necromancer too, but they make you think that it got better when he went off to do death-y stuff on other planets.