Non-threaded

Forums » Writing Workshop » Read Thread

Find proofreaders here, useful resources, and share opinions and advice on story crafting.

(MSO)RPG

9 years ago

Has anyone ever tried making a massive singleplayer online roleplaying game?  I think that would be AWESOME!  If no one is working on that, I might try making one...  ;D

(MSO)RPG

9 years ago

Depends on what you mean by massive.

(MSO)RPG

9 years ago

Well... basically a huge map, or interactive environment, and where the player doesn't have to necessarily follow a storyline.

(MSO)RPG

9 years ago

Mine's kind of like RPG, but I wouldn't call it massive. 

(MSO)RPG

9 years ago

Yeah, it's called "90% of  what Battleon does."

(MSO)RPG

9 years ago

*40%

If you want to do the other 60%, you have to pay 30~ dollars.

(MSO)RPG

9 years ago

*30% is free MSO content, 20% is left out of the equation since there were two MMOs, which nobody even plays anymore. About 5% of that 20% is free, so they're actually 5% greedier than you originally calculated.

(MSO)RPG

9 years ago

*Forgot DragonFable, MechQuest <--grindier than AQ and DF combined holy f***, and their horrid tcgs.

(MSO)RPG *on CYS"

9 years ago

Sorry I meant on CYS... (Unless that is on CYS)

(MSO)RPG

9 years ago

I think the closest thing around you're asking for that would be on here would be one of our epics, like Eternal. However, most games here, are limited by story and whatever the author writes. I think what you're asking for or want is Kingdom of Loathing.

(MSO)RPG

9 years ago

I've mulled over the concept several times and "A Prince Among Men" is actually suppose to be a game -about- playing an MMORPG so I'd probably make it a MSORPG with several recruitable allies and so forth, but I am swamped right now. IRL, mostly, but I also have The Other World, Devil's Chess, Magick Academy, and KFSP as my current highest priorities. I'm not even ready to shake a stick in APAM's direction, so ... go for it, man.

(MSO)RPG

9 years ago

I think a massive multiplayer forum game would be fun.