Non-threaded

Forums » Writing Workshop » Read Thread

Find proofreaders here, useful resources, and share opinions and advice on story crafting.

Story help needed.

9 years ago

After the comments on my other story, I think I need a partner to try and help me write my next story? I have a base plan.

Adam Jolly was a worker at Jolly Ranch. He prepared the town's bread and supplied them with water. The town was rather poor and required a lot of help. Adam was always in his workshop. No matter how hard people begged to see him, he wouldn't come out. Some say he hides a lot of secrets, but who really knows?

If you have any questions or interest in helping me out, I will be glad for options. Maybe, a quick paragraph to show me your style of writing. (If you do write a paragraph, try to make it a continued version of this story)

Story help needed.

9 years ago

Only Jolly knew that in time he would make enough food and water for the town to survive, the people had to wait for just a day or two, but of course, his ways of making the endless supplies of bread and water, are dubious at best. Jolly was trying to make endless supplies of food and water, but that required something in equal measure. So one day, Jolly allowed only one person inside, but not to give him food and water, but to sacrifice him in a ancient alchemical pentagram.

"Sorry, but if the sacrifice of one person can bring food and water for the entire town, then I will do it without thinking." he said before starting to chant some words.

Sorry for the more dark turn, but I watched a few erm darker themed anime's so it was bound to come up in one way or another. Hope you like it though.

Story help needed.

9 years ago

Yeah! That's great! I guess you could be my co-author, if you want that is.

How about, the town find out that Jolly killed a man, and the whole town goes on a riot to slay Jolly.

Story help needed.

9 years ago

No, at first the people are overjoyed when Jolly brings them food through the sacrifice he made, we could say that while Jolly was in town somebody discovers what Jolly had done and as he wanted to go in town he meets the grinning Jolly as he wanted to get out of the house.

Story help needed.

9 years ago

Most good writers are caught up in the story game contest.

I would offer, but I'm already coauthor to two different story games, and writing three of my own, so...

I'll tell you some tips and hints though.

1) Details, details, details. Describe what an item feels like, looks like, smells like, sounds like, without telling the reader what exactly the object is until after it's described. You can never have too many details. If people say it's 'too detailed' in some areas, just up the maturity rating or something. 

2) have a complex plot-line. Make it interesting. make it so people wont get bored with the first page. Don't revolve you story around sex or violence either.

3) Mystery. Make it from a specific point of view, and let the reader know only what the character knows. Hint at things to come, and let them wonder what it is until they get to that point. Then have it be something no one would have guessed.

4) Don't make it random. Have everything done with a reason. And don't have death scenes where people wouldn't expect them.