Non-threaded

Forums » Feature Wishing Well » Read Thread

Suggestions for improvements and additions to the site.
This feature was accepted 1/20/2006: yes
This feature was completed 8/25/2008: Finally completed!

Idea Pad Tab

18 years ago
How about adding a "notepad" type style to the MyStuff tab. This is where members can write down ideas and then save them in a file format to open later.

Idea Pad Tab

18 years ago
I'm receptive to the idea, but not convinced. What would you put in there? Why would you not use Notepad on your own computer?

Idea Pad Tab

18 years ago
it would just be easier, keeping them here and then maybe another thing could be that you can open these notepad things in the editor, so you can add it in the game. It was just a small idea, thats all.

Idea Pad Tab

18 years ago

for me i could put all kinds of things there. like recently when i just wanted to start writing on an idea. if i had this idea here i could just open it up and start writing. i wouldnt have to worry about stopping to add links or anything. this would also allow me to not have to go through the whole making up a name and such just to get to the writing part. thats good for my short term memory and all lol. as for why not use the one on the computer? well.... if you are like m then you have way too many files floating around on the computer its hard to keep up with them. yes, if you are organized it can be done. but not all of us are.

those arent good arguments for the concept but i still like it lol.

nate

Idea Pad Tab

18 years ago
I am going to help you move your things all around.    First step is that you probably have to many pictures from games you made.  Well, you do not need to keep those on the computer.  If you want to make a folder on your desktop called MAG Pics it is completly fine.

Idea Pad Tab

18 years ago

lol ok hav.  first and well only, im not 4 lol im just lazy. i just wanted to make an argument for the purpose of supporting what i think is a good idea. thanks for the advice though.

nate

Idea Pad Tab

18 years ago
lol, ARE YOUI SSURE?

Idea Pad Tab

18 years ago

uh huh. my mommy says im a big boy. she says im a grownup. im this many (holds up all ten fingers and gets confused).

nate

Idea Pad Tab

18 years ago
Yes, but my mommy bought be a BIIIGGGGGG, BIIIGGGGGGG diaper yesterday.

Idea Pad Tab

18 years ago

ummm, eeeeeeeyeah. im not even going to go there. lol instead ill just say that i think there is an incoherent comment left on A Day In Hell. atleast there was a few days ago.

nate

Idea Pad Tab

18 years ago

Also, do you need all those files.  You can get rid of most of them if you don't need them.

Here is one last tip:  You don't need to hold all your pics in My Pics area that microsoft gives you.  Just make a new document preferibly on the desktop if used alot or in your documents if not and change the layout to Slideshow.

Idea Pad Tab

18 years ago
He doesn't need tips, lol.

Idea Pad Tab

18 years ago

alexp, i don't think this is a bad idea. 

march

Idea Pad Tab

18 years ago
Sometimes I have 2 or 3 programs open (Internet is one) and 4 websites open.  In those websites I have normally one screen but here on MAG I can have up to 8 open.  Especially when doing research for a game about the site.

Idea Pad Tab

18 years ago
OK I think I'm convinced. However one issue I see is that My Stuff tab is getting too crowded:

Games • Pictures • Messages • Duels • Saves
Comments • MAG Points • Account & Profile

So maybe I'll hold off on this until the site redesign.

Idea Pad Tab

18 years ago
Catagorize it.

Idea Pad Tab

18 years ago

I have an idea for your Pad!

You can PM yourself.  Put down what you want in a PM and you have it stored there.  You can also delete it at any time you wish!  Isn't that a great idea people?

Idea Pad Tab

18 years ago
Yeah except it clutters inbox.

Idea Pad Tab

18 years ago
that doesnt work for me and i have already tried that.

Idea Pad Tab

18 years ago
About the cluttered Part - Here is my suggestion!  Put duels and messages together.  I mean they are almost the same thing right?

Idea Pad Tab

18 years ago

im not sure i agree they are almost the same thing, but i do like the idea havy. i was thinking about this too and have some ideas as well.

first. why say Account & Profile? Why not just say Profile?

second. Why not get rid of the Pictures tab and put it under the Profile tab?

Finally. Why not combine Messages and comments? Make them one link. Then when you click on that link you can go to either one from there?

nate

Idea Pad Tab

18 years ago
This will actually all be solved by moving the navigation to the side. This will allow for more room to navigate and place navigation items.

Idea Pad Tab

18 years ago
Is that in this phase?

Idea Pad Tab

18 years ago
yup. did u see the CYS design? MAG will look like that too, with nav buttons on the sidebar instead of as tabs

Idea Pad Tab

18 years ago
Ya thats a better way to do it.

Idea Pad Tab

18 years ago
Another reason for this feature would be for people like me who log into MAG from different computers. I log in from my home computer and (even though i probably shouldnt) from my work computer. Having a MAG notepad would keep those notes available no matter where a user logs in from.

Idea Pad Tab

18 years ago
OK -- I will do this idea soon after the new layout is deployed.

Idea Pad Tab

18 years ago
Than you are going to make your games right?