Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

Demos?

8 years ago

I want to publish the first chapter of my Storygame as a demo, but also work on it while it's published. Currently you can't make changes to a game while it's published, so would I need to make some sort of other version to release while I work on the main one? Is there an option to release a game specifically as a demo?

Demos?

8 years ago

No. I also don't agree with the whole "demo storygame" thing. Why not just continue working on your project? Many demos on here were unpublished.

Also, see SenPen's reply below.

Demos?

8 years ago

FOR CHRIST'S SAKE EVERYONE STOP MAKING DEMOS! IT'S NOT COOL, IT'S NOT USEFUL, AND IT'LL JUST END UP LIKE SHIT AND BE UN PUBLISHED!

If you want feedback on your story before it's done, then enable sneak peak in game options and post the link here, don't pul any of that half-assed point-whoring bullshit that so many excuse-hurling 6 year olds have dared to call a "demo".

Demos?

8 years ago

My guess is that you've attempted to back up my response? Alright then.

Demos?

8 years ago

I didn't even read your post, I just saw what this mouse thing was about to try doing and did everything in my power to keep it from humiliating itself...

Demos?

8 years ago

Thanks?

Demos?

8 years ago

That's ... Sent's way of helping. :P He gets enthusiastic sometimes. You'll get used to him eventually.

Demos?

8 years ago

Publishing anything 'Demo' or unfinished will trash the Rating. Best to make sure Sneak Peak is enabled and post a link to it in the Writing Forum.

That way you can get feedback without the bad Ratings.

Demos?

8 years ago

^ This. This is what you're supposed to do.

Demos?

8 years ago

Ugh, thank you! I really appreciate it. 

Demos?

8 years ago

Don't. It floods the site with unnecessary storygames.

EDIT: Never mind, everyone else covered this.

Demos?

8 years ago

Indeed.