Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

I need ideas

8 years ago

So, my friend is having a birthday party today, and even though I pestered him for ages about what he wants, he just said to draw something random. The big question is, what? Do you guys have any ideas?

I need ideas

8 years ago

Jet fuel. It's a safe thing to paint his steel beams with. 

I need ideas

8 years ago

Ah, that makes sense.

I need ideas

8 years ago

Draw something random, huh? ... How 'bout a skeleton playing a guitar while riding a T-Rex that is also riding a great white shark, which is jumping over Cthulu? ... In the middle of the rave.  

I need ideas

8 years ago

This is a masterpiece. I think I'll just draw all the ones I like and then choose whichever doesn't fail. xD

I need ideas

8 years ago

*imagining Cthulu at a rave*... xD Yeah, if you draw mine, I really wanna see the finished product.

I need ideas

8 years ago

I'll post it if it's good enough.

I need ideas

8 years ago
draw the words "Something Random" in calligraphy and shit and make it all decorative and meaningful.

I need ideas

8 years ago

Yes! That's good. I'll do my best.

I need ideas

8 years ago

What are his interests?

I need ideas

8 years ago

Um... well, music, and... um... music... 

Let's just say I don't know him well enough to say something specific. I mean, we are good friends, but we don't particularly talk about specific interests.

I need ideas

8 years ago

Draw a bunch of instruments with the age he's turning in the middle.

I need ideas

8 years ago
Translation: print a stock photo onto a birthday card

I need ideas

8 years ago

Put in the most obvious animal: the pe- no, that snake is too inappropriate. o_e It's actually a snake type.

Obviously, it should be the Lowland Streaked Tenrec...playing the saxophone!

I need ideas

8 years ago

Make a card that says 'Happy Birthday' in big bubble letters, with a tiny pin that's falling towards it, and do confetti and all that fun stuffs. The logical thing for the inside to contain would be the explosion of letters as the 'pop' from the pin, but instead make something really really freakin' scary looking. XD and then on the back draw a cute little animal with giant ears and a big ol' fluffy tail that it holds in front of it.

I need ideas

8 years ago

For my friend's bday I just gave him twenty bucks and he was cool with that because we're friends like that.

If he really wants you to draw somethinf, you shouls get a card and write on the fromt "Happy That-One-Obligatory-Pagan-Holiday-That-Christians-Ripped-Off :D!" accompanyed by several pagans doing a fire ritual to summon Sol. At the bottom write "One more year closer to you burning in hell"

*depends on how close you both are / if he has a sense of humor

I need ideas

8 years ago

Wait, the birthday celebration is also a pagan holiday?  (I mean, I thought there were "birthdays" in different ages like every X years, and there's also coming-of-age birthdays....so...?  Oh, you meant annual.)

I need ideas

8 years ago

Yes I meant annual birthdays.

If I'm correct, birthdays started as a Pagan ritual thing. Christians took it -- well as a lot of Pagan things -- and started doing it and now it's not religious anymore (just like Christmas)

I need ideas

8 years ago

Halloween, Easter, I think both All Hallows' days...didn't recall the annual birthday getting closer, but hey, the more you know!

I need ideas

8 years ago

There are Christians that certainly consider birthdays to be pagan holidays. I know the Jehovah Witnesses don't celebrate them.

I need ideas

8 years ago

Yes. They only celebrate Jesus's birthday.  Which is not Christmas.

I need ideas

8 years ago

So...celebrate the same celebration on another day that's near-impossible to determine...

I need ideas

8 years ago

So they basically celebrate a holiday based on Christmas and say it isn't Christmas?

I need ideas

8 years ago

Well, Christmas is a complicated holiday in general. If you want to know what it's about, it depends on who you ask.

Christians that call themselves Christians despite not being really religious: It's Jesus's birthday! :D

JWs: BS, no one knows Jesus's birthday!

Muslims / Jews: Pagan BS (The star on the tree? Halos? Sun-worship subliminal messaging? Is that all just a coincidence?)

Muslims that celebrate Christmas (I've never met any, and I can't imagine ANY Muslim dare celebrating a christian thing. If there are people like this, I pity you lot. Pick up a Qu'ran yo): It's just family togetherness!

Atheists (Danaos / Spartacus): Money money money

Iclandish people: (probably something to do with testicles) Well, there's 7 Santas, and this and this and that *completely different version of Christmas than the American version*

Which proves why Christmas is a bunch of BS in general. So yeah.

I need ideas

8 years ago

Hey you forgot me in the Atheist section! Well I guess I'm half Atheist half Christian.

I need ideas

8 years ago

I should clarify, there was a thread I started some time ago about Christmas, and I mentioned people based on their responses to it. I remember Danaos and Spartacus talking about money. Unfortunately I was trying to reach some Christians but I couldn't find any.

I don't think a Christian could explain Christmas though (which again proves why it's just BS)

Anyway that doesn't make much sense to me since atheism directly clashes, with like, all Abrahamic religions so I can'f see how that's possible, but good for you I guess

I need ideas

8 years ago

I go to a catholic school and it gets to my head..... GET ME OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I believe in Heaven and Hell, but I don't believe in God. And I think they over exaggerated what Jesus did.

I need ideas

8 years ago

I mean he told everyone he was a child of god, so

I need ideas

8 years ago
We have Christmas as well as this thing called Sinterklaas. Dutch people say that Santa comes from the Netherlands, because it's basically the same name (sint-a-klaus, saint-a-clause, Santa Claus). Also, it's the same historical figure, Saint Nikolai. We have sweets and candy put in the shoes, Sinterklaas comes down the chimney, he just has his little friends the Zwarte Pieten (has been a whole debate about that if you missed it. I'm not interested in continuing this, it's just bs. They are dirty because they climb down the chimney to give you candy and gifts. Nothing bad about those people) to help him out. He rides a white horse with black speckles, Appaloosa style. Kids put down water and carrots for the horse and if you sing carols you might even get more candy.
TL; DR: same bs, different edition.