Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

Old Name New Face

8 years ago

Hello my fellow CYStians,

My name is Havoc, as I'm sure you've gathered. I've been a ghost member here for some time now. Various circumstances have recently changed, and I will now be able to be an active member of the community. 

I'm really not that good at introducing myself. Apologies for that. Up until this point I was a ghost. Gotta shake off the rigor mortis, and get used to breathing the fine air here. Maybe I'll work out some type of description for my profile later on for anyone who feels the need to peruse it.

In any case I'll be looking forward to interacting, and writing with you all.

~Havoc

P.S.: Please, do not be put off by my formality. I'll surely be less formal in time as I loosen up and make myself at home here. Probably. I'm sort of awkward. We'll see how it goes.

Old Name New Face

8 years ago

I like awkwardness. ;)

Hey there! It's always nice to see the shadowy figures who lurk in the shadows come into the light. You can call me Zag, and I'll look forward to seeing you active.

Old Name New Face

8 years ago

Glad you think so. The light isn't always kind to things that dare to slink out of the dark. Though I can't say the dark doesn't return the favor to unwary travelers of the light. Nice to meet you Zag.

Old Name New Face

8 years ago

The pleasure is mine. :)

I'm glad to hear that. Just so you know, you'll always be welcome to start up a conversation with me anytime.

Old Name New Face

8 years ago

Thank you. I'll keep that in mind.

Old Name New Face

8 years ago

Greetings, strange spirit. May you walk among us in peace and feast only on the flesh of noobs.

Also, the "Help & Info" section is really nice. You should check it out.

Old Name New Face

8 years ago

Well met, James. No worries. I'm a very peaceful individual. I don't bite often, and I'll keep a strictly guest diet. I'll let you all train the noobs to be productive members, and/or a sustainable food source. Whichever.

I appreciate the advice. I've actually already read quite a few of the Help & Info articles though. I've been here for awhile. One of my favorite places on the internet, despite my previously nonexistent footprint here.

Old Name New Face

8 years ago

Hey Havoc, your formality will change as you grow more accoustomed to the forums. Because if this community can go from Bernie Sanders to a derailment about Furry sex and Donald Trump in the same thread anything can happen. 

Basically, be prepared for even the mos random conversations.

Old Name New Face

8 years ago

There is also a bit of a tradition of me and one of a select group of trouble-makers derailing every newbie thread.

Old Name New Face

8 years ago

Can't wait.

Old Name New Face

8 years ago

Unofficial CYS Slogan,

Cys, we will beat the shit out of you with words.

Old Name New Face

8 years ago

That's a nice tradition. I imagine if everyone else studiously ignores the derailment though, that it just becomes you and a fellow friend/troublemaker? going off on a tangent by yourselves. Like two or more people stopping and talking in heavy foot traffic, while every other pedestrian flows around you and continues on their way undeterred, like water flowing by rocks in a stream.

That's a bit hopeful. I believe derailments are normally quite successful here. Like branches catching every leave and piece of debris that tries to float by. 

Ah well. It'll be what it'll be. Best of luck with that.

Old Name New Face

8 years ago

Perhaps. It may take awhile to get used to.

Old Name New Face

8 years ago

You will in due time. ;)

Old Name New Face

8 years ago

Welcome... Yeah... I'm bad at introductions as well.

Old Name New Face

8 years ago

Thanks. I suppose that's not too uncommon a trait. We've just gotta stumble through it and get it over with. There are worse things to deal with.

Old Name New Face

8 years ago

Yes. Like the Muslims and the Mexicans which we are letting into our country. I say we build a wall by challenging them to the worlds largest game of Jenga, then quitting once it is our turn. 

But yeah, the struggle...

Old Name New Face

8 years ago

Yo. I would be more careful around some people on here, they tend to make idiots of themselves. Jimmysutton. You will in due time. We all do. But, at least most are able to fit in after. Some don't, and keep trying to destroy this "lovely" little community. I hope you don't become the latter laugh

Old Name New Face

8 years ago

Ummm... Weren't you like that when you first arrived here?

Old Name New Face

8 years ago

Yes, yes he was.

Old Name New Face

8 years ago

Yes, yes, I was.

Old Name New Face

8 years ago

On Jimmy's current profile:

"Basically, I am just an average user, not at the top, but not at the bottom. Just above Mason, but directly under WiggleWiggleWiggle."

Old Name New Face

8 years ago

Lol.

Old Name New Face

8 years ago

Lolwut

*Checks profile*

... it actually says that....

Old Name New Face

8 years ago

Wait, wait, so I'm below Jimmy? What kind of degenerate half-life am I?

I think I'm higher than Jimmy. Who agrees?

Old Name New Face

8 years ago

Well I still think you're retarded, but I do think you're above Jimmy.

Old Name New Face

8 years ago

Yes. My life is complete. Retards forever!

Old Name New Face

8 years ago

Lol, I feel like I should start calling you Reek.

Would you like that Reek?

Old Name New Face

8 years ago

Goddamit! Use a comma next time. They save us from cannibalism you know.

Old Name New Face

8 years ago

... *crickets chirping*

Old Name New Face

8 years ago

Honestly, I think you guys are fighting for the same spot.

Old Name New Face

8 years ago

... Good God, that's a sad thought.

Old Name New Face

8 years ago

Yeah. I get along with Mason more, but I don't really like Jimmy, and find him to be annoying often. But, then I realize Mason can be just as annoying (in his own way) and often find Jimmy to be very agreeable. So, I honestly think the two are balanced in a way. :)

Old Name New Face

8 years ago

Mason tends to rage about stuff more often, but that’s sort of what makes him more fun than Jimmy.

Mason’s also cool with me shoving his head up someone’s ass, so that scores him more points as well.

Old Name New Face

8 years ago

Yeah, you're right.

But, I thought it was his whole body?

Old Name New Face

8 years ago

Well either way he's taking it like a champ.

Old Name New Face

8 years ago

Haha, true.

Old Name New Face

8 years ago

I'm sorry I don't like my head shoved up into someone's ass. XD

Old Name New Face

7 years ago

Don't be sorry, Jimmy.

Filthy heretic.

Old Name New Face

8 years ago

You gotta Love?? hate me!

Old Name New Face

8 years ago

Well, I will try not to make an idiot of myself too often. I'm not too worried about who I talk to though. If CYS were an Endmaster story, I could talk to the geek of the site, and still be comfortable with my standing. I really just don't respond to things that seem frivolous or stupid. It just doesn't interest me. I'll likely get used to the derailing and the like, but will never really be interested in causing it. 

I don't think you'll have to worry about my becoming a force at odds with the community as a whole. I want CYS to thrive as much as any of you I know to be regulars. It's a nice place to be.

Old Name New Face

8 years ago

Also..

Hello Endmaster.

I can't really mention you, and neglect to greet you after seeing that your active in the thread. Something about that would just feel rude.

Old Name New Face

8 years ago

Hey Havoc.

Good luck on any stories you might write.

Old Name New Face

8 years ago

Thanks. Good luck with any future endeavors of your own.

Old Name New Face

8 years ago

Hello, new person. Good luck doing things.

Old Name New Face

8 years ago

Hello. Thank you.

Old Name New Face

8 years ago

I'm awkward and somewhat weird too. Either way, hi there.

Old Name New Face

8 years ago

Hello Raven. Good to know I'm not alone in that regard. 

Old Name New Face

8 years ago

As long you don't do anything stupid or too immature, you'll be fine. The forums can be fucked up with furious debates sometimes, which can be quite uncivilized despite the fact that this is a goddamn writing site.

Try to think before you type. Some people are just bad listeners or too awareful.

If you want my opinions on things, then feel free to ask me.

Old Name New Face

8 years ago

Writing is what brought me here. A love of stories. I'm not really one for debates, and getting emotional. Fiction is my reality. I prefer to stay lost in the stories I read, and the one's bouncing around in my head. I think I'll probably do alright avoiding the more immature unrelated topics that can crop up, and if not I'll be able to handle my responses maturely. 

Old Name New Face

8 years ago

So we have something in common, huh? That's good for us both. We'll fit to each other :)

Old Name New Face

8 years ago

I suppose so. Perhaps we'll get along.

Old Name New Face

8 years ago

Welcome to CYStia! If you have any problems, questions, comments or concerns, you can drop me or any of the mods a line. We'll be sure to answer anything you throw at us ;). We've all been where you are, so don't feel awkward. We're all weird here ^_^

Old Name New Face

8 years ago

Hearing that everyone is weird is a relief. Truly makes me feel more at home. I'm probably going to feel a bit awkward for awhile regardless, can't really be helped, but I appreciate the warm welcome. Might be hope for me fitting in yet, or at least being tolerated, and not run back into the dark place I crawled out of. I'll take what I can get. :)

Old Name New Face

8 years ago

Make sure you take notes on what's going on around here--it's a madhouse in the forums ;). Just remember my words--WC is bad, and don't trust anyone here. Oh, except me >;). 

I'm still in the dark. You'll figure out that everyone here still is.

Old Name New Face

8 years ago

Ah yeah. WC. I've been around long enough to see that rise and fall. I'm really glad that's over with. I'm not entirely in the dark about the goings on in the forums. Though I'm sure I have missed a lot. Just give me a heads up if you see me stepping on a landmine.

Lol. Btw, of course I'll trust the first person who tells me to be wary of everyone, and follow their word blindly down the rabbit hole. Honest. >.>

Old Name New Face

8 years ago

I'll be sure to give you a very loud warning. *salute, vanish*

Old Name New Face

8 years ago

Greetings...brave soul. I prefer to stay hidden in the shadows.

Old Name New Face

8 years ago

Greetings Skugga. I can't say I don't understand that.

Old Name New Face

8 years ago

Hey there and welcome! I'm sure what's needed to be said has already been said, but I actually really love your way of talking/writing so don't feel awkward. Embrace yourself :D

Old Name New Face

8 years ago

Thank you. Glad that someone seems to think the way I interact may have some small worth. I'll try not to feel so awkward. Though I don't think I'll embrace myself anytime soon.

Old Name New Face

7 years ago

You seem oddly familiar...

Old Name New Face

7 years ago

Okay. Really not sure how to respond to that. I can only agree that it's odd you seem to find me familiar.

Old Name New Face

7 years ago
It's never good when a mod tells you you're oddly familiar to them, especially not Berka.

Old Name New Face

7 years ago

Not really worried about mods like that. All the mods I've talked to have been cool, and from what I've seen of Berka I see no reason to believe they wouldn't be as well. I see everyone here as writers/readers first, and the mods get the extra points with me for caring enough about the site to help take care of it.

That said I'm mostly just curious to see why I seem familiar. Not really something I hear every day.

P.S- Sorry about the genderless pronoun Berka. I know more about Dead Man Walking than I know about you. I know I must have seen someone refer to you with the correct pronoun at some point, but I just can't recall. I forget little details like that. Now that I'm active I'm going to have to pay more attention, so people think I care. :)

Old Name New Face

7 years ago

I'm pretty sure ol' Berk is male.

Old Name New Face

7 years ago

I'll try to remember that. I wasn't about to guess based on the name, and the penguin in the profile picture.

Old Name New Face

7 years ago

Must be the Avatar? Is it the same one you used back in 2013?

Old Name New Face

7 years ago

First time I've had an avi. Didn't feel there was any reason to set one up before I was able to participate. Maybe someone has used it before me?

Old Name New Face

7 years ago

Nice to meet you, Havoc. I'm sure you'll have a good time on the site.

As already mentioned, Help & Info is always a great place to visit every so often. Make sure not to necro threads (AKA post in a thread that has had no activity for a while) unless you're looking to get yelled at, which I'm assuming you're not.

Anyway, have fun! I'm sure you'll love it here, and I look forward to seeing you as part of the community