Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Cysid is on point

7 years ago

Turns out Cysid sends you a special birthday message for your 21st birthday:

"Hey ThisisBo,

Looks like today is the "big day" for you, turning 21 and all. Mmmm ... beer. Legally.

As a small birthday treat, enjoy 15 "Experience Points" on me!

Best Wishes,
Cysid, the Ultimate Choose-Your-Own-Adventurer "

Cysid is on point

7 years ago

Lol. I wonder if there's any other milestones he sends special messages for. cheeky

Cysid is on point

7 years ago

I had the same thought. I will now be anxiously waiting.

Assuming I remember to log in for my future birthdays of course :P

Cysid is on point

7 years ago

I never get this message before during my birthday.

Cysid is on point

7 years ago

You should get one every year on your birthday along with fifteen experience points

Cysid is on point

7 years ago

Got my 15 EXP, but no message.

Cysid is on point

7 years ago

Hmm, that's odd.

Cysid is on point

7 years ago

At least I got my points though.

Cysid is on point

7 years ago

I think he sends  "How are you even able to read this!?" If you're 1-3 years old, something along the lines of "Wait, you're not even born yet!?" if you type in a date from the future, and maybe something like "Wow, that's old..." if you're born in like 1900.

I think I remember also getting a "Sweet 16" birthday message way back when my birthday was actually my real birthday, but I'm not sure.

Cysid is on point

7 years ago

Cysid is on point

7 years ago
This was my "birthday" message a few days ago.

Hey Beardon,

Looks like today is the "big day" for you, turning 116 and all.

As a small birthday treat, enjoy 15 "Experience Points" on me!

Best Wishes,
Cysid, the Ultimate Choose-Your-Own-Adventurer

So no, 1900 doesn't make him say you are old.

Cysid is on point

7 years ago

At 18, you get:

"Finally, adulthood! Legally at least."

Cysid is on point

7 years ago

Legally...what, exactly?

Cysid is on point

7 years ago

Voting, I guess, with few exceptions.

Cysid is on point

7 years ago

It means you're a legally an adulthood.

Cysid is on point

7 years ago

Sex in some states.

Cysid is on point

7 years ago

Legally able to die for your government

Cysid is on point

7 years ago

In Alabama you're not even legally an adult for another year. You can go to jail, but can't sign your own bond.

Cysid is on point

7 years ago

That makes almost as much sense as making the legal age for gambling, alcohol consumption, and firearm possession the same.

Cysid is on point

7 years ago

Well, what if you don't want beer, per se? What if you have a taste for pomegranate wine or some such?

Cysid is on point

7 years ago

I guess Cysid was just sharing his personal tastes with someone who he presumed has not tasted recreational alcohol in any form prior to this.

Cysid is on point

7 years ago

Recreational alcohol? I'm not entirely sure I want to try that.

Either way. Why would he put legally in a second sentence afterwards, had he not assumed that the member in question has consumed ethanol prior to reaching the age of majority.

Cysid is on point

7 years ago

Well, communion/passover wine is alcohol too, and you're allowed to have it in public legally, sort of/depending, even if you're a minor, though I doubt that's being drunk for recreational purposes in most cases.

He could have been making a sort of false assumption, like "I'd suggest beer, I mean, on the off chance you have a taste for something else, which would imply you've had alcohol before, which is unlikely..." just like that one lemony narrator who makes assumptions about his audience. Like, "This book you are reading, or are having read to you by someone for some odd reason, because this book is most certainly for people above the average age of literacy in the states and if you have to have this read to you, than you probably should close this book before I say something innappropriate or some shit." Does the author honestly believe his readers are children hearing this bedtime-story-style? Probably not, but y'know, the joke is there, and you're also factually covered in the case where your offhanded assumption is actually true.

Cysid is on point

7 years ago

It's very sad when you're getting drunk for non-recreational purposes

Cysid is on point

7 years ago

Unless you had a sip with Bill Cosby just to be polite, in which case it's just plain upsetting.

Cysid is on point

7 years ago

Cysid is on point

7 years ago
Oh, happy birthday and all that shit. Don't get raped. ;)

Cysid is on point

7 years ago

It's cool, it was like two days ago so I'm pretty sure that won't happen.

Cysid is on point

7 years ago

It can still happen; it's just that your rapist can't get away because he shouted happy birthday first.

Cysid is on point

7 years ago

Happy birthday

Cysid is on point

7 years ago

Can't wait for 15 points in 1 and a half weeks!

Cysid is on point

7 years ago

I have seven years, five months, one week, and three days before I get the message about turning 21.

Hooray.

Cysid is on point

7 years ago

Don't even count down, Chris-James. 

8 years, 11 months??? Today is not my birthday

Cysid is on point

7 years ago

Cysid sent me a special one for my 16th birthday.