Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

Squamous tag meaning?

6 years ago

I looked it up and squamous means scaly, so I guess it's a different term?

Squamous tag meaning?

6 years ago
It's for Lovecraftian stories.

Squamous tag meaning?

6 years ago
It's a horrible tag that should be nuked. For some reason, people think everyone should know it means "Lovecraftian styled horror".

Squamous tag meaning?

6 years ago

Squamous tag meaning?

6 years ago

I'm with Wibbons, it's a pretentious jerk-off tag. 

Squamous tag meaning?

6 years ago
This thread has revealed Steve and WIBN live under rocks and have had no exposure to the gigantic body of Lovecraft inspired fiction and games, etc out there, as well as assuming even people who enjoy reading or directly writing that sort of thing are just as ignorant as they are. Interesting.

Squamous tag meaning?

6 years ago

I think it was Madglee that created that tag.

Squamous tag meaning?

6 years ago
Oh, really? I was assuming Berka since iirc it's fairly new and that's kind of his thing .

Squamous tag meaning?

6 years ago

I mean it could have been Berka, but for some reason I just remember Madglee mentioning creating the tag in some old thread because he was being random. Might be mistaken.

In any case the tag isn't going anywhere.

Squamous tag meaning?

6 years ago
Pretty fucked up WIBN just said Lovecraft was stupid and anyone who liked it was stupid and also he'd only pretended to read Sanitarium and thought it sucked, IMHO. And then Ebon said, "I agree with WIBN and Steve, and if someone who enjoys such things ever gives me a trophy I will be filled with disgust and shame.'

Is Berka judging the contest by the way?

Squamous tag meaning?

6 years ago
Part of me hopes that your logged onto the Chat using my username and started trolling everyone. That'd be hillarious.

Squamous tag meaning?

6 years ago
wibn: Also, I hate and mistrust swarthy townsfolk, they have a certain look about them. Just the wrong kind of people.

Squamous tag meaning?

6 years ago

Bah, who'd agree with Wibbons and Steve? Clearly fake news.

Squamous tag meaning?

6 years ago

Oh well whatever I've been using it in all of mine because I mean it makes sense lol.

Squamous tag meaning?

6 years ago
It's not like tags do anything or matter.

Squamous tag meaning?

6 years ago
Wibn: I love writing fanfic of animes, but I oppose democracy, if only because it would retard the development of a handsome Nordic breed.

idk guys he's starting to weird me out

Squamous tag meaning?

6 years ago
lol, please tell me someone is posting that. The townfolk one was also pretty funny.

Squamous tag meaning?

6 years ago

Going to sound odd, but whenever I see the tag, all that comes to mind is the American Indian dude by the name of Squanto.