Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

How to deal with stupid people?!?

5 years ago

I am currently living with an exceptionally stupid person that outlines all of these symptoms of stupidity in this article:

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/5-habits-of-stupid-people-that-smart-people-don-t-have-a7620941.html

I have nowhere else to go but she is literally as dumb as a box of rocks and I can't stand it anymore. I need a way to deal with my frustration towards this person in a way that can calm me and not make me lose my shit and becoming homeless.

For example, she tried to blame me for giving her daughter salmonella because the area I live in is not spotless. Now, simple research would deduce that Salmonella is not an airborne disease and can only be caused by ingesting contaminated food or dealing with shit (they have chickens and a pig, mind you), but instead is trying to throw her problems on me. If I try and argue it, she will become irrational and threaten to kick me out and start telling everyone pure rumors for the sake of making me seem dumb.

Sort of a rant but mostly a call for help. How do I deal with this stupid person?

5 years ago

Birds of a feather... 

5 years ago

Thanks for your thoughtful insight!

5 years ago

No probs :)

5 years ago
RG, so, you don't have any other place on the internet or any RL friends or acquaintances who might be more sympathetic to random rants about your personal life? Any sites with people you actually like?

Because, what with pattern recognition also being a sign of intelligence, it strikes me immediately that this is the sort of thread that will not be taken seriously and will probably also lead to you not handling that well and your ass being passed around a bit as a result. (I'd say failure to pick up on this might imply something on your part...but no, I mean you're a smart guy who proved it by linking a serious scientific article on stupidity.)

The answer to your question btw is get a job, or get a second job even if necessary, and save your money and get your own place. There is literally no other answer, you're freeloading off of someone and that means tough shit, you learn to put up with the things you don't like or you get out. Or you bitch and moan impotently on the internet and continue being miserable I guess, if that's working out for you. Everything in life involves a trade off of some kind.

Oh, and if this is a copypasta I just responded to seriously then my bad I guess.

5 years ago

Just here to point out that I do in fact have a job and am currently paying rent. I have a savings account with like 300 bucks in it (which isn't nearly enough to get myself a house).

You're right, I probably shouldn't have ranted on the internet about this person, but it kind of helped me not release that built up steam on her in person, so I guess it was a form of therapy in of itself.

5 years ago
Obviously you can't afford a house. How about a one room apartment?

If you're trying to save money faster the first step always recommended is writing down everything you spend, even if it's just 99 cents for a fountain drink. You start being more aware of where it may be being wasted and identifying where the more obvious places are to spend less and save more. It's a little like dieting in reverse.

You are most likely spending a lot on cigarettes for instance.

5 years ago

Lmao why did I leave cys? The forums are a good source of entertaining verbal smack downs of plebs who make poor choices of where to post there problems.

5 years ago

lmao you should leave 

5 years ago

But I just got back, and am enjoying reading the forums. I also seriously need to write this story that I completely forgot about til I got back and saw it.

5 years ago

Whoever writes ‘lmao’ unironically in a forum response and has no opinion or decent conversation to contribute, automatically becomes a peasant.

5 years ago

A very valid point there. My comment did nothing to add to the discussion, aside from noting my pleasure at being back.

5 years ago

If you’re going to be a retard, do it right.

5 years ago

I feel like you are too angry of a person. Do you need a hug? Hugs are scientifically proven to make people less angry. That, or you need to go eat a snickers bar. I get a bit testy when hungry as well.

5 years ago
It's just puberty, nothing to trouble yourself about.

5 years ago

Why does this make me think of a storygame I read on here once?  It was something about murdering your roommate with a frying pan and having to hide the body without getting caught.  

On the serious side find a new roommate or something, jeesh.

5 years ago
I hope it's his girlfriend honestly.

5 years ago
It's called A Day in Hell by madglee. Pretty cute little story.

5 years ago

thanks ugilick

5 years ago

Give her daughter salmonella for real.

5 years ago

Destroy your computer and delve into the world of conspiracy theories, where everyone has salmonella.

5 years ago

+1 wits

5 years ago

Constant issue for me as well. I often spend vast amounts of time surrounded by people far less intelligent than I am. Personally, I just try to enjoy existence more than they do out of spite. If I know that I've had a better time than them, I've won.

That doesn't seem to be an option for you because your life's a shit show, so maybe just pretend to have converted to Evangelism and constantly try to convert her whenever she talks to her. That's certainly a wacky and zany solution.