Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Another interest of mine: Musical theater.

5 years ago

My favorites:

The Lightning Thief- The Percy Jackson Musical

Be More Chill

Heathers

Hamilton

Dear Evan Hansen

Legally Blonde

Do you like musical theater? What are your favorites?

5 years ago

I played the trumpet in the pit orchestra for a couple musicals back when I was in high school.  Went to see Chicago in a London West End theater, which was quite enjoyable.  Used to go to the midnight showings of The Rocky Horror Picture Show, which was a wild time.

5 years ago

Oh, Rocky Horror, I forgot about that one! 

5 years ago
Even since I discovered that Legally Blonde was a musical I occasionally just out of the blue will suddenly remember that fact and think 'but why though?' and question everything about this world we live in.

Gay or European? is pretty catchy though, it became a sort of meme for awhile.

5 years ago

jesus christ this is all the shit-tier white girl musicals in one place. 

5 years ago

Oh, I still like the classics, like My Fair Lady and Phantom of the Opera and Chicago and stuff, I just got into theatre through these.

5 years ago

Just going to list movie musicals since I'm an uncultured cad who has never desired to go to see a musical with the whole theatrical play performance.

Rocky Horror

Repo!

Forbidden Zone

Little Shop of Horrors

I guess Shocktreatment was alright. Wasn’t as good as Rocky Horror, but it sort of was ahead of its time with what Richard O’ Brian did with the concept.

Way better than the Rocky Horror remake at least, fucking hell that was terrible.

5 years ago

Have you watched Reefer Madness?

5 years ago

I’ve seen bits a and pieces of it. Never really sat down and watched though. I think I saw all the best parts anyway where the one guy is violently flipping out killing people and another one of them jumps out a window.

5 years ago
There's a Percy Jackson musical? Please tell me it was better than the movie... (Not that that's a hard thing to achieve)

5 years ago

I am currently the head of script department on a musical I have been working on with several others. I take a particular interest in Waitress and Dear Evan Hansen, as both have amazing music and actors. I also love Falsettos with all my heart.