Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

spell check isn't working

4 years ago

Used to work all the time for me now it wont. When i mispell a word the red line underneath doesn't pop up. 

4 years ago

Check if you disabled it. spell a word wrong and right click it, and click spell check.

4 years ago
Might be something do with the RTE update we had.

I guess you'll just have to learn to spell on your own.

4 years ago

In my experience, the auto spell checker built into the story editor comes and goes. I can work for hours without it, then I save the page and all the red lines appear. (My stories have lots of made-up words, and therefore lots of red lines, so it's obvious when it is and isn't working. As of this moment, it is not working.)

I have yet to detect any rhyme or reason for this. The best theory I can come up with is that the spell-checker is a union member, and therefore won't work more than the minimum expectation.

4 years ago
The spell checker is both telepathic, and enormously homophobic. When it leaves, it's because you're having gay thoughts.

4 years ago

I'll try to be less... happy then.

4 years ago

So hoping this gets fixed soon. My spelling SUCKS! :(

4 years ago

It works for me, although sometimes it doesn't. During the times it doesn't work if I try to spellcheck the page crashes. You can download the free version of Grammarly to fix it while it is not working.