Non-threaded

Forums » Bugs & Problems » Read Thread

Post reports about problems or bugs in here.
This bug was closed 4/14/2020: Alex saved the day!

Server error when accessing messages

4 years ago

When I attempt to open my messeges, I am confronted with a service error. It doesn't matter if I try to access them from notifications, through "My Stuff," or if I am sending a messege from someone's profile. The error pops up every time. I tried Chrome, Safari, and Internet Explorer. I was online last week and could access messeges so it's something new. 

Not that I'm messeging anyone but maybe some others have the problem as well. Thank you!

4 years ago
Can confirm, if I attempt to send a message, it looks like a SQL error.

4 years ago
Same Problem here. The message notification tells me i have 3 unread messages, but I cant read them so the notification is just annoyingly confronting me on every page I go to like some sort of creepy stalker. I bet the messages are asking me for nudes or something but id still like to read them.

Heres the error I keep getting:

A severe error occurred on the current command. The results, if any, should be discarded.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: A severe error occurred on the current command. The results, if any, should be discarded.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[SqlException (0x80131904): A severe error occurred on the current command. The results, if any, should be discarded.]
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action`1 wrapCloseInAction) +3302188
System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean callerHasConnectionLock, Boolean asyncClose) +736
System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.TryRun(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean& dataReady) +4061
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.TryHasMoreRows(Boolean& moreRows) +253
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.TryReadInternal(Boolean setTimeout, Boolean& more) +291
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.Read() +42
System.Data.Common.DataAdapter.FillLoadDataRow(SchemaMapping mapping) +155
System.Data.Common.DataAdapter.FillFromReader(DataSet dataset, DataTable datatable, String srcTable, DataReaderContainer dataReader, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, DataColumn parentChapterColumn, Object parentChapterValue) +215
System.Data.Common.DataAdapter.Fill(DataTable[] dataTables, IDataReader dataReader, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords) +406
System.Data.DataTable.Load(IDataReader reader, LoadOption loadOption, FillErrorEventHandler errorHandler) +240
Inedo.Data.DatabaseFactory.Inedo.Data.IDatabaseExecuter.ExecuteDataTable(String storedProcName, DbParameter[] parameters) +204
ChooseYourStory.WebApplication.Pages.Messages.MyMessagesPage.CreateChildControls() in C:\ProgramData\InedoAgent\BuildMaster\prod\Temp\_E93257\Src\ChooseYourStory.WebApplication\Pages\Messages\MyMessagesPage.cs:100
System.Web.UI.Control.EnsureChildControls() +106
System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +66
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +6875

4 years ago
Killa is aware of it, it's been doing that since this morning. Also hi Orange!

4 years ago
I was able to access the server using the DB backup from midnight. I'll have to check the backup from tonight tomorrow to see what the problem is.

4 years ago
Still broken :(

Whatever's causing this will let you access Send Message from profiles still, it just breaks when you try to actually send it.

4 years ago
Well Alex is aware of it now anyway, fix hopefully coming soon.

4 years ago

It has been fixed! I can access my messages now.

4 years ago
Apologies to those of you who now have SEVERAL messages from me, because I guess they were going through all along...