Non-threaded

Forums » Feature Wishing Well » Read Thread

Suggestions for improvements and additions to the site.
This feature was accepted 4/23/2020: CYS is Family Friendly!
This feature was completed 3/24/2021: Was done at some point

Geared for Children Tag

3 years ago
My idea is to change it to something like All Ages or Family Friendly. I think it's demeaning just to say a game is for children, but I want some way to let people know it's okay for them too when there's nothing violent or inappropriate in it.

Geared for Children Tag

3 years ago

Not a bad idea and I'd probably go ahead and just change it, unfortunately there's currently 292 Geared for Children stories and you can't just change the title of the tag. What would happen is the tag would be deleted and then all 292 stories would have to manually get labeled Family Friendly/All Ages.

Though I'm likely to just go ahead and do it anyway and just bother to relabel Imagination (And maybe a few of the others I actually remember have the Children's tag) with the new tag.

Geared for Children Tag

3 years ago
I'm fine with changing it. I went ahead and grabbed a list of everything the tag pulled up so I can go in later to start adding the new one.

(Grabbed a list of everything rated 3 or over that is. Don't care about the rest.)

Geared for Children Tag

3 years ago
Well I don't know about 'demeaning', but I always thought the 'Geared for' phrasing was strange. We got rid of Geared for Extremists and that was probably a good move too.

I guess something like Family Friendly is more immediately recognizeable, and it does actually imply a difference between 'just for kids' and 'appropriate for everyone' when used to describe a movie.

Geared for Children Tag

3 years ago

Yeah let's go with Family Friendly. I like the alliteration and it's less cumbersome.

Geared for Children Tag

3 years ago
Thanks! That was fast! And it gave me points! :D

Geared for Children Tag

3 years ago
Totally agree~