Non-threaded

Forums » Writing Workshop » Read Thread

Find proofreaders here, useful resources, and share opinions and advice on story crafting.

Remaster of an old story?

3 years ago

My first story I made was kind of sloppy but for some reason got pretty positive reviews. I wasn't as happy with it as I would like to be but want to leave it like it is. I was just thinking about remastering/remaking it and creating a more put-together story that I think would be better. I don't know if there is anything to watch out for. Taking some advice from a previous post, I made a few paragraphs talking about my first chapters plot and what I would do. I just don't know if I should post it as people might steal it? I don't know. I guess that's the risk with anything you post.

My questions are; Should I remake my story as a seperate story with a new storyline and characters? And; Should I post the few paragraphs I made here to see if I should even go along with the remake?

3 years ago
1. If you think you can remake that story into a satisfactory one, go ahead and modify it, as it will be less effort since you already had the structure and plot. Otherwise, a fresh start does offer more freedom as well.

2. Don't worry about people stealing, we all know the who wrote those paragraphs(besides, there's no point in stealing, right?)

3 years ago
A lot of authors post entire chapters and many pages as updates on their work to the forums. I don't know of any cases where ideas or work was stolen, at least between site members.

3 years ago
The fact you think your plot ideas are that valuable and unique is pretty funny.

3 years ago

Yeah lol. I think I worded it wrong. I don't even think its that valuble but there's not that much anyways so I don't think it's worth the post.

3 years ago
Pro Tip: Just write. If you want feedback and input on what you write, feel free to post exerpts here. Be patient, as it may take some time if you post lots of words, but no matter what you write, you will get good comments and bad comments. If you don't want that, don't write.

3 years ago
drink while you write. then you can brush off the bad comments by saying "I was drunk when I wrote this"