Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Permission to stream CYS Games on Twitch

2 years ago

I have a question. Are we allowed to stream CYS games on twitch? 
Once a week, I was thinking about hosting a CYS stream where I stream not just my own games, but games from the talented writers on this site and attribute them for their work. 
If this is allowed, great, I'm just curious to know if I could just attribute the site and the writer to stream them? 
Thanks!

2 years ago

If you're accrediting the authors I can't see there being a problem. We had people do a read-out-loud podcast a few years back. If you want, you could be extra careful and ask featured writers individually, but streaming is definitely not breaking any rules that I know of. 

2 years ago
I don't think this comes up often enough for any actual rule, but it would be in good taste to ask the individual authors once you have a list of games you want to use together. We wouldn't tell you to stop or anything either way though as long as they're credited.

And of course make sure to actually read the content yourself to make sure it's stuff you want to use, don't be like the AI Dungeon Mormons, lol.

It's a cool idea though, be sure to link any updates in the thread. (Or maybe a new one in the Parlor Room board because that place could always use more posts.)