Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Eternal Plagarism

2 years ago

Well, look what I found on Wattpad...

https://www.wattpad.com/859418579-eternal-chapter-1-born-to-kill

This fucktard poorly tried and severely failed in making Eternal into a "traditional novel." They added in all the extra info choices so now most of the "novel" is an info dump. They didn't even change the second person perspective. Lol.

Looks like hasn't been updated since last year. Not surprising. Most of these folks never even have the endurance to complete their copying. Oh well. My name's mentioned and they picked a cool picture at least. Gotta copy from the best right?

Remember folks, accept no substitutes!

Eternal Plagarism

2 years ago
Plagiarism. Plagiarism never changes.

To be fair, there were no ideas available, they may not have had any choice but to take somebody else's.

Eternal Plagarism

2 years ago
@GarbonZo

You have a Wattpad account, go tell that guy his deceptions have been uncovered, and also that he smells bad.

Eternal Plagarism

2 years ago
I went ahead and reported this Wattfag for End since all the IRL details they wanted on the infringement form were too annoying for him.

Too bad they don't seem to really use the account anymore, it would've been better if it caused them personal pain to lose it.

Eternal Plagarism

2 years ago

Your pursuit to right this grave injustice has been noted.

Eternal Plagarism

2 years ago
I tried to do the same because I hate liars, but the site gave me a hard time...

“Are you the owner of the original material? Or are you the authorized representative of the copyright owner? (No)

The work I am reporting is a published and copyrighted work. (e.g. Harry Potter, The Hunger Games, etc)
The work I am reporting is the original work of another Wattpad writer or a writer from another website. (Yes)

We appreciate you reporting it. But only the owner of this content or their legal representative may submit a DMCA takedown request, so if you are in contact with them, please ask them to contact us.”

It’s up to you @EndMaster to right their wrongdoing.

Eternal Plagarism

2 years ago

Ugh. This is why I didn't bother.

Do I have to make an account or something.

Eternal Plagarism

2 years ago
Fair enough. The scum bag doesn’t even deserve the time it takes to report.

And yes, I think you do.

Eternal Plagarism

2 years ago
I reported it already through that same form because I was authorized to report it by you.

I don't think you have to be a lawyer or anything, just having permission is enough.

Eternal Plagarism

2 years ago

Alright then, because I was running into the same thing and I was already annoyed.

Eternal Plagarism

2 years ago
Okay, cool I’ll go through with it too. More reports can’t hurt, right?

Too bad we did away with cruel and unusual punishment... kidding, kidding, I swear... sorta.

Eternal Plagarism

2 years ago
I thought that's what having a Wattpad account already was.

Eternal Plagarism

2 years ago
You’re right. If I see another “hate to love”, “rich guy loves poor girl”, or “they lived happily ever after” I might die from second hand embarrassment.

Eternal Plagarism

2 years ago

Holy crap, you just tagged EndMaster and lived.  Congratulations, sir!

I could just use my account to post a comment saying "this is plagiarized, here's a link to the original" since the report form is such a pain.

Eternal Plagarism

2 years ago
Honestly go for it. It’s embarrassing enough.

And I didn’t know I overstepped any boundaries... I’m new. Pitiful excuse, I know, but it’s all I got. Lol. Glad that I survived it though.

Eternal Plagarism

2 years ago

Meh, it was for a good cause. And the tag didn't seem to work anyway since I didn't even notice.

I'm guessing Wattpad gets a lot of copyright complaints if they have 3 million questions for it.

Eternal Plagarism

2 years ago
No kidding. I find full novels on there all the time and I’m just shocked. Like, idiot, that’s not yours to post even if you give credit. It’s illegal.

Eternal Plagarism

2 years ago
At first I thought they'd try to turn this into a Choose Your Own Adventure Novel with, "If you want to shove your dagger up Semra's ass, turn to page 2. If you'd rather gouge out her eye and skull rape her, turn to page 33." type shit, but nope. They legit just got rid of the choices while still keeping all the text that tells you what your choices are. This does not work on so many levels. I feel sorry for the 104 people who never got to see the original and constantly had to ask themselves, "What the fuck am I reading?"

Eternal Plagarism

2 years ago
Interesting, Gower just mentioned that someone at Wattpad had ripped off Tally Ho at some point and he had to go fill out the form as well.

Plagiarism must just be the thing they like to do, I can understand why, the need to register to fill out the complaints is the only way to get real authors to join.

Eternal Plagarism

2 years ago
Well the link is broken now, so the staff over there works fast anyhow.

Eternal Plagarism

2 years ago

Yep, looks like its gone.

Another victory for CYStia will be noted in the glorious archives.

Eternal Plagarism

2 years ago

I was going to make an account and contribute, but it seems they already got their just desserts.

What scum.

Eternal Plagarism

2 years ago
Mmm. Just desserts. ^_^