Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

I'm a newfag

12 days ago
Just wanted to say Hi to the gang. I get a feeling this community has a idgaf policy going on which is really cool to see in 2024, a lot of good retards are here from what I'm seeing. Honestly testing the limits with the subject in this post already.

Currently reading Rogue and have Dungeon Stompage on standby. I dropped Eternal after like 40 pages it fell off hard (I had to say it). If anyone knows some good fantasy stories that have some sort of supernatural abilities associated with them let me know, I also fuck with mystery. Other than that just wanted to say hi!

I'm a newfag

12 days ago
Hi, faggot

I'm a newfag

12 days ago
Salute SeniorFaggot

I'm a newfag

12 days ago

Definitely a retard if he's dunking on Eternal.

I'm a newfag

12 days ago
It started strong and quickly became mediocre imo. Not sure if in the later chapters the story quality improves but it's been suffering from the classic "illusion of free will" dilemma many choice-based games have, its either 'game over' or predetermined plot line, your choices never mattered. I'd mention more but I don't think I should do a book review but I do agree I'm retarded!

I'm a newfag

12 days ago

Oh, I just think it's retarded that you put that in your intro post.  Ones opinion on what they like to read is always subjective,  but I just wouldn't have led with that. 

I'm a newfag

12 days ago
Oh I see lol, well I can't deny that, I'll edit it and remove my criticism, definitely me venting my disappointment there

I'm a newfag

12 days ago
Sounds like something a faggot would say

I'm a newfag

12 days ago
Takes a faggot to know a faggot

I'm a newfag

12 days ago
It's a Boy! by Darius Conwright might be more up your alley

I'm a newfag

12 days ago
I'll give that a look, thank you!

I'm a newfag

12 days ago

Please don't

I'm a newfag

12 days ago

Do you actually have cancer?

I'm a newfag

12 days ago

Yeah but its chill

I'm a newfag

12 days ago

:(

I'm a newfag

12 days ago
:D

I'm a newfag

11 days ago
No Petros, you read it wrong. I'm afraid it's the new guy that has cancer, not Suranna.

I'm a newfag

11 days ago
D:

I'm a newfag

12 days ago
You should ask @Sherbet for recommendations, he reads things. He's the only one here I can still confidently say that about.

And yeah, we don't really have a lot of censorship when it comes to speech. (A lot stricter with images though because of the number of minors around.)

None of which is to say we're all over here heiling it up which is a thing particularly autistic people sometimes assume, there's a pretty varied group of regulars here. In theory everyone here can take blunt criticism of their work though, which means they're usually not fragile shivering infants in other ways either

But anyway, yes, congrats, you found the only IF site that still has a sense of humor. Go read some more games and also if you want dark mode, get the extension from Brad's profile.

I'm a newfag

12 days ago

Thanks so much Mizal, I appreciate the clarification. I know I've been slinging my bad words haphazardly but I'm confident I'm not too autistic and I know when its funny and when its just retarded.

Also glad to see criticism is generally well received, I admit I was a little worried because I know the author of Eternal is pretty well loved but I just don't jive with that particular work and its how it goes sometimes. I would like to suggest its not purely baseless though on my part, I like to have a little substance behind any criticisms I present ;)

I'll get to reading and I'll keep in mind Sherbet, hopefully I strike gold soon!