Non-threaded

Forums » Writing Workshop » Read Thread

Find proofreaders here, useful resources, and share opinions and advice on story crafting.

Cure for a Mutant

17 years ago
Well, why not? Everyone's created a topic for their games, so I thought I'd start one for my work in progress. It's in constant open beta so go to my profile for the link. Why would I do that? Because it's a frightfully long game and I want people to be able to play it this century. It's still in the very early stages so it'll come to an abrupt stop after about one minute. I'll make a special post in this topic and mail all my friends when each chapter is complete. Yes, it is based on Neopets, but that's because I originally could only find Neopets as a host for choose-your-owns. So I thought I'd use my lemons and make lemonade by trying to create a good Neopets-based story. Over time, it's developed in my mind to something too cool to simply ignore. So please, feel free to chat about it here. I'll be constantly working on it so it will eventually come to an abrupt end. If you see something that could mean the player can't progress through the story any further that you think is a problem rather than lack of completion, please PM me because I need to know. Anyways, I've made my promise, (Have I? Eh, whatever.) and now I need to make this adventure as a thanks for this awesome site.

Cure for a Mutant

17 years ago

OK well, good on you for joining and good on you for writing and posting but BLAH NEOPETS EWW! COOTIES!! You catch my drift, Neopets is lame but if your wriitng is good enough you should overcome that.

On another note, you should know that every single newbie (barring about 10%) that I have talked to (and I talk to 95% or more) has told me that they are going to make "the longest game", "the best game", an "epic game". a "super long game". Precisely 0% have ever made a long game of the ones who say that and I've talked to.  Some have made good games but none make long ones.

Thought I'd give you a heads up.

PS

I tell this to all 90% of ya and only once has a guy said "you know what, your right."

I'm JJJ, welcome to the site.

Cure for a Mutant

17 years ago
Hmph. Well said. I accept your challenge.

Cure for a Mutant

17 years ago
You might be different but pardon me for being skeptical, when you have done the amount of things I've done for this site you will see that making a 500+ page game is not as easy as it may sound.  Maybe you will prove me wrong, if you do it will be a first.  I've made thousands of predictions and I'm 100% up to date.

Cure for a Mutant

17 years ago
I do not doubt your ability for as long as you do not doubt mine.

Cure for a Mutant

17 years ago
I doubt you. :P

Cure for a Mutant

17 years ago
Very smart JJJ, although I cannot reply to that without turning into a Havacoman, which is apparently now the worst possible thing you can do.

Cure for a Mutant

17 years ago

Awww, cmon havac can change!

anyways, welcome to the site and good luck with your game making.

JJJ, anyone can make a 500-page game, its making a "great" 500-page game that is difficult :P

Cure for a Mutant

17 years ago
Neopets Story Maker = 0
MAG/CYS Story Maker = 999999^999999^99999...

Reply to October & Solo:  Ahg.  It's spreading.  Look at what JJJ has done.  Notice the post that October made.  I blame JJJ for this.

Anyways, seeing the skill of people from Neopets, I kind of doubt the ability of making a really long game.

Cure for a Mutant

17 years ago
Well, anyway. It's an original idea, and if you all value my opinion (which I doubt) I think something good can come from it. Good luck, Melike.

Cure for a Mutant

17 years ago
Wow Im a prophet/savior/great mind.  I initate things!

Cure for a Mutant

17 years ago

That's why I came here. I was so sick of the lack of options, lack of skilled writers, and generally the strict environment Neopets shoves you into. Naturally, you can imagine how relieved I was when I found this site.

Cure for a Mutant

17 years ago

Started your game, and I must say its alright for a new writer, but I fear you are definintly not going to best my challenge, sorry :P

How many games have you played on the site?

Cure for a Mutant

17 years ago
Well, I'm still sort of just setting out the layout for it. I'm going back and improving everything once in a while. I've played a few games on the site and I really like them all. The only one I've played that really didn't rub me the right way was "The Island", or whatever it's called where you end up on an island after leaving civilization. Maybe it's just me, but the whole adventure seemed like one big dead end.

Cure for a Mutant

17 years ago
Bloody hell. I looked at the Neopets thing and it reminds me of Pokemon. How come every pet is lovable and happy and friendly or shy or "looks on the bright side of things?" Where are all the violent, maniacal Neopets, like Snrangle, a huge snake who crushes other Neopets until their eyes burst from their sockets?

Cure for a Mutant

17 years ago
That's because it was originally intended for small children. I couldn't stand it, so this site was a godsend.

Cure for a Mutant

17 years ago
haha madglee's got issues :P

Cure for a Mutant

17 years ago

Bloody hell is right,

I agree completely, what about shark ass zombies that tear up the ligaments from the sockets of their ear tendons? OO EAR TENDONS YUMMY... (yes there are no ear tendons)...

Cure for a Mutant

17 years ago
Hheehe, that sounds good, too! Oh, there are ear tendons. :)

Cure for a Mutant

17 years ago
Havacoman, I was being sarcastic. I don't mind going against JJJ and sticking up for you. It's just I don't want him flaming me with arguments throughout the forum. Sure I could deal with it, but I've been really tired lately and I don't think that'd help, so I'm staying off the topic for a while, kay?

Cure for a Mutant

17 years ago
I'll most likely never make that long of a game, you can be sure of that. Good luck with your neopets story. I don't really like neopets, but I did play the ps2 game of it which I thought was pretty fun actually...whoops.

Cure for a Mutant

17 years ago
yuck...

Cure for a Mutant

17 years ago
I know what you mean. I never played it again though...oh well. I like playing the Tenchu games.

Cure for a Mutant

17 years ago

the tenchu games rock!

nate

Cure for a Mutant

17 years ago
What's your favorite Tenchu game out of the ones you have played?

Cure for a Mutant

17 years ago

even though its primitive, i like the first one the best.

nate

Cure for a Mutant

17 years ago
That's cool. I only have three of them, Tenchu: Stealth Assassins, Tenchu 2: Birth of Stealth Assassins, and Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven. I like the second one the best, because it was just like the first Tenchu except it added in some fun features that were very unique to a ps1 game, and was the only stealth game on ps1 to try the features, which was dragging bodies to hide them, and swimming. While they both had their flaws, it was unique and cool.

Cure for a Mutant

17 years ago
Splinter Cell PWNS Tenchu

Cure for a Mutant

17 years ago
Meh, it's too "realistic" for me in it's stealthing. I HATE having to be so quiet and hide in the most shadowy place there is and such. I like stealth the Tenchu way, un-realism that's how I like my games.

Cure for a Mutant

17 years ago

i agree leon. i played the new splinter cell recently and it put me to sleep! there is such a thing as suspense, but when you gotta tip toe through a whole facility to see it, thats ridiculous!! lol.

nate

Cure for a Mutant

17 years ago

Well the only one I really loved was Splinter Cell, Double Agent for the 360.  Diverse levels (that you dont have to stealth through) and fantastic storyline and graphics.

Cure for a Mutant

17 years ago
Well, it's been about a week, and I have over 60 pages. And by over 60, I mean 61.  I know it may not be totally impressive, but the best is yet to come. And you guys will hold me to that, I'm sure.

Cure for a Mutant

17 years ago

theres only one person that holds people to something. and thats for prediction purposes. the rest of us just want you to continue to make games. just like the rest of us.

nate

Cure for a Mutant

17 years ago

I love how I'm viewed as "You Guys"

Am I that psychotic to have many guy personalities writhing withen me?

Phantastic! With a PH

Cure for a Mutant

17 years ago

Oookay then Jx3.

I previewed it, and I must say, it would be better if you could buy stuff and if you had more than 1 or 2 links on a page.

Cure for a Mutant

17 years ago
What can I say? It's a work in progress, and it's still just the introduction, so it's supposed to be limited.

Cure for a Mutant

17 years ago
That's fine, it was just a suggestion. I'm all for going back and improving, it's just a pain to do it.