Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Battle Script Variables

17 years ago

Alright guys, i will be making a battle system in my next game, so i need help with the factors. What exactly do you guys want to see? btw, this will be a gun battle, not sword fighting.

Ive got

Agility
Size of attackers: Weight (affects speed) Height (affects accuracy of the shooter)
Initial Accuracy and eye sight
Type of weapons used
Stamina and bulk of the person
Desperation

Battle Script Variables

17 years ago
Luck.  Maybe a good 'ole 1d20, and fails if 2 or 20.  Does that work?

Battle Script Variables

17 years ago
how about charma, so if the guy has morals, his luck will be a little bit better than a guy who doesnt have morals.

Battle Script Variables

17 years ago

Aww.  But I have morals, and fate never seems to reward me. 

Seriously, though, I think the battle system will work fantastically, especially if you're designing it, and karma would be an excellent inclusion (even if I don't believe in it).  1D20...  It's amazing what people can design with that system!  I have no idea what type of system you have in mind, but I'm sure it will be great!  Not that anyone honestly cares what I think...

Battle Script Variables

17 years ago

hey! dont degrade yourself its great to hear your input.

anyways, luck/karma, basically the same thing lol, but the battle system, will be like:

do you: shoot, duck under a (table/desk etc.) surrender, etc. right? and when you say duck, it calculated whether you are fast enough, and whether the shooter is reactive enough, and whether bullets have already been fired (because if it hasnt, element of surprise, if bullets have been fired, someone is already trigger happy). when you click "shoot" it will determine whether, A) you are able to aim (so did it actually hit or miss) and therefore it calculates your speed, the opponents speed, then it calculates, where the shot went, and it also calculates whether the opponent is responsive in firing with good aim/bad aim, a load of stuff is gonna be calculated!

Battle Script Variables

17 years ago

... thanks to scripting :)

Battle Script Variables

17 years ago
That's a lot of variables involved.  Good luck with it.

Battle Script Variables

17 years ago
I would like to see final fantasy battles done, should be easy.

Battle Script Variables

17 years ago
Unfortunately, i have never play FF, so you need to be more descriptive..

Battle Script Variables

17 years ago
I'm not that big of a fan on RPGs and even I have played FF...where have you been?

Battle Script Variables

17 years ago
in a closet :P

Battle Script Variables

17 years ago
Doing what exactly?  lol

I've played FF, and you'll still have to be more descriptive.  Every game has a different system...

Battle Script Variables

17 years ago
Ah, okay sorry. Well, seeing as this is a story site, then the best system would probably have to be the traditional turn based ones...which is also used in a Earthbound (love that game!) and the Dragon Warrior games as well.

Battle Script Variables

17 years ago
Is there a better way of doing it without getting confuzzled?

Battle Script Variables

17 years ago
confuzzled? What has you confuzzled?

Battle Script Variables

17 years ago
That is so my word.

Battle Script Variables

17 years ago
Did you get desperation off Final Fantasy?

Battle Script Variables

17 years ago
I love that game.