Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

Oh no, tell me THIS GUY didn't just show up!

16 years ago

Hi, I'm donteatpoop (as the username implies).

I hail from the land of infinite-story. I joined this site a few years back when I was looking for a site of interactive fiction to hang out on. I went with infinite-story because I liked the formatting better.

You guys don't seem [i]so[/i] bad, I guess.

I'm contemplating putting a story or two up over here, but I'm definately more about the story than the "game", so you probably won't see too many features beyond the text itself.

Anyway, my sarcastic butt is here. I'll probably heckle the lot of you on occassion, that's just what I do. I'm going to have to get some reading and rating done over here as well, since I haven't really explored the works of you all yet.

Naturally, I will remain an infinite-story loyalist, but a story or two over here can't be a bad thing...

Cheers! (sometimes I say "Cheers" to make people think I'm English)

16 years ago

welcome to the site....again lol. my name is nate. or flesh, or oh just get close and ill be happy. i cant wait for a story from you. i hope you do stick to the story more than the bells and whistles on here. stories were what we were originally mostly about but we cant all be perfect.

nate

16 years ago
I'm definately going to put something up in the next month or so, but if you're ever bored and want to see what donteatpoop writes like, check me out on infinite-story -or- you can read a few short stories (not intereactive) at donteatpoop.deviantart.com. Thanks for the welcome.

16 years ago
Welcome to the galactic fleet that is choose your story donteatpoop, I read some of your stuff on infinite story they were pretty good I liked brothers in particular, looking forward to whatever story you make.

16 years ago

Why thank you. Which brother did you prefer? (and are you Dan2?)

16 years ago

Welcome donteatpoop.  Glad to see some of you guys hanging out around here.  I've been checking out infinite-story as well, so it's nice to see some collaboration.

And you're absolutely right - our forum format sucks.  We're going to change the whole forum to one that wasn't coded by alexp in the near future (ala I-Story.)  - right around the same time we put up a front page to the site. 

I assume these things will happen about 4 years from now.

Let us know if you have any questions

march 

16 years ago

Did I say the forum format sucks?

I mean, it can be difficult to see who is replying to what, but it's not so bad. I do like to cuss a lot, but whatever you guys are into. I take a little pride in having my posts deleted "for derogitory content", though I will try to keep that to a minimum. I have to admit that I was surprised to have a post delelted because I called myself a name that indicated (but didn't say) a curse word.

16 years ago
donteatpoop, well mikey was my  Favorite of the brothers storylines, and I am not dan2 I did find out he had the same name of my story though heh,

16 years ago
same basic premise, too. I'll have to read yours to see which is better.

16 years ago
Hola senor. Me llamo Anubis. Bienvenidos al CYS. Como estan?

16 years ago
Abla Engles? No abla espaniol.

16 years ago
Anubis just wishes he was spanish, dont mind him.  By the way, what do you have against the PEC?

16 years ago
The <a href="http://www.pec.org.pk/>Pakistan Engineering Council? Nothing really, I guess they're doing what they can for their nation. Jeez, what a strange question.

16 years ago
Well I was referring to the Poop Eating colligraphers.  They eat poop and draw coligraphy.  Whats wrong with that?  Its peacefull and disease spreading and fun!

16 years ago
Hmmm. External links don't work here? What's the PEC?

16 years ago
External links work. You have to input them by clicking on the "Source" button, though, and it is written like this: <a href="URL HERE">TEXT HERE</a>. You forgot to put the </a> at the end, and only put the </>.

16 years ago
Poop eating Colligraphers

16 years ago
Simply put: Calligraphy is for wusses.

16 years ago
touché

16 years ago

Bienvenuto a el Ammo Bandito!

16 years ago
Right on, my Spaniard kin. Right on.

16 years ago

i took a semester of spanish in school, i forget most of it now, but its "hablar" and "hablas" not "abla" lol. just for future reference.

16 years ago
I was going to post that, but then I thought: "I don't know. Not really necessary." Thanks for taking the blow for me Solo. lol

16 years ago

Well, I think that goes hand in hand with what I meant when I said "no abla espaniol"

16 years ago
NO HABLA, FOOL!!!! lol

16 years ago

Had I said "Habla" I wouldn't have been quoting myself.

16 years ago
Okay. Well, I'm pretty sure this long and almost off-topic thread is a sign that you're here to stay, donteatpoop! Um, do you have like a nickname or something that we could call you instead of...this poopish matter?

16 years ago

Most call me DEP for short.

Poop is preferred, though.

16 years ago
Ah. Poop. *ahem* Well, uh, thanks...poop.

16 years ago
 WHAT

16 years ago
Very educated response. Thanks for showing up.

16 years ago
REDEYE!?!?!?

16 years ago
haha, i knew you what you meant when you said you didnt speak spanish, that it made no diff to you about "abla" but i think i saw someone else do the same thing... o well... have fun with this offtopic discussion :P:P:P and good luck with reading it now that redeye is here :P

16 years ago
Redeye doesn't scare me. I've met plenty of morons who make one word posts in my day.

16 years ago
Whatever. I'm scared of Redeye either.

But since this is an off-topic thread, lemme just say: DEP, let's not be enemies. I can only see the hostilities building up, so let's just be cool, hope JJJ comes back, and stuff.

16 years ago

I don't have enemies. As I said in the beginning, I am a sarcastic bastard. Doesn't mean I don't like you, I'm just sarcastic. And sometimes I torment people, like when I repeatedly called you a-n00b-us (that amused me greatly). If JJJ comes back here, he comes back here, if he stays on infinite-story, he stays on infinite-story. Either way is fine with me (because I am at both places, mwuahaha).

No community should revolve around one participant. I won't go into my opinion on the JJJ issue, as I don't feel it's really any of my business. I said my peace, and I have nothing more to add to it. But he was/is one member of an entire site. If this place can't go on without him, I wonder at the solidity of your community structure. What I mean by that is, I don't understand why everyone is still so focused on JJJ leaving. He made a decision, he left, if he comes back he comes back, if not... at least the rest of you are here, right? This whole mourning of his absense is kind of depressing.

16 years ago
  I Back

16 years ago
Ah, you're poophead (heheheh). We shouldn't be stressing out becuase JJJ's gone. What's done is done, and he'll probably come back...eventually.

16 years ago
Hey poop, my comments tend to get warned when I curse as well - apparently there are younger members. Anyway, what's down with I-Story. I have checked it out, but not thoroughly enough apparently. Can't anyone add to anyone else's story? Check my other thread with the title, surprise, Infinite Story.

16 years ago

well, personally, i dont mind swearing. " i dont make the rules, i just enforce them" said a very many people...

16 years ago
I don't care if anyone swears, and honestly, I find it...somewhat rude that people will make euphemisms for everything: words, themes, etc. I'm not whining at you guys, I'm whining at the people who treat me like a 6-year-old. Believe me, there are a lot of adults who only know two ages: extremely young, and their age. I know they mean well and are trying to keep my mind clean, but I can handle it. I know enough and can keep myself controlled.
Now getting back on track to this off-topic topic, you don't have to harass anyone if they swear. Unless they say the 'N' word. Then I'll do the harassment myself lol.

16 years ago

Geez madglee, why can't we all just be mature and cuss a lot?

On infinite-story you have the option of allowing people to contribute or not. It's in the settings you set up when you start your story, and it can be turned on/off anytime you like. There's also an option for you to only allow certain member to write in your story, the owner of the story (the user) just ads the usernames of those he would like to collaborate with. There are a few members over there who I have worked with on stories in the past, but for the most part I write mine alone.