Non-threaded

Forums » Writing Workshop » Read Thread

Find proofreaders here, useful resources, and share opinions and advice on story crafting.

Category

16 years ago
I'm creating a story (that must be my 50th time saying that) that depicts the tale of the leader of the Aztec Empire, Moctezuma, containing the events that lead to his fallen empire and his feelings toward it. At first I was sure of marking it as Edutainment, but then when I started to think of adding fictional events to it, I'm not sure of putting it in that category as it isn't all fact-based. My question is, should I stick to Edutainment? There's seems to be no other Category fit for this story.

Category

16 years ago

I actually didn't know that Moctezuma was another name for Montezuma so I was all prepped to correct you, but I searched it up and they're two names for the same guy.  I prefer Montezuma and more people might know who you're talking to you if you use him instead.

This sounds interesting and its either going to be fantasy or Edutainment.  Depends on how much is fiction, I'd say if its under 20% then put it in edutainment.

Category

16 years ago

Yeah, in my history book there are two names, but Montezuma is more common. However, I got used to the name Moctezuma since I learned it last year in a different book. I guess I might change it to Montezuma depending on its popularity.

Well, I'm researching the fall of the Aztec Empire and the legend that Quetzacoatl will come back, but it doesn't say much about the legend. I'm thinking of adding up events that led to that legend, y'know, to make it more interesting. Also, I'm creating new events, such as small rebellions erupting in different parts of the empire. In most parts, I believe Fantasy adventure would most likely be the category, but I had intended to make this game for Edutainment because there aren't a lot of games there..but I also want to make the game a bit longer...

Category

16 years ago
Go Edutainment.  The tainment is there for a reason.

Category

16 years ago

Hey I just did a thing about Aztecs for my study of religion class. Aztec sacrifice. Very sick and wrong. And cool.

Can't wait.

Category

16 years ago
True. And a lot of bloody wars  (No point having a CYOA without blood or death)