Non-threaded

Forums » News & Updates » Read Thread

Keep up with the latest contests and find out what's been changing with the site.

Merry Jungian Christmas.

16 years ago

In honor of all the Freudian feelings that are stirred up by the holidays, I've personally gone through and run a spell check on every single page of "A Jung Hero's Adventure" in Sci-Fi.  It desperately needed it, and yet it was still rated a 7 - quite the accomplishment to our boy chocobot.

I'd love to propose a Christmas Idea that I'm stealing directly from Infinite-Story.  The Christmas Secret Santa Story Exchange.  Everybody who is in, respond as "I'm in."  You'll be randomly assigned another person to either write a story for, design a picture for, or create a game for.  Your choice - just make sure it's something you think would entertain THAT person. 

To participate you must have at least 50 points.  Respond with "IN" within the next week and I'll give you your random person to write about / to.  Don't forget - deadline to turn give them their gift is X-mas!

march

Merry Jungian Christmas.

16 years ago

I'm in!

Merry Jungian Christmas.

16 years ago

im in

nate

Merry Jungian Christmas.

16 years ago
I'm in. And if you're one of the people who doesn't like vulgarity, rest assured that I will refrain from including it in my gift to you.

Merry Jungian Christmas.

16 years ago

lol no need to refrain from that on my behalf. ive had my issues in the past with that stuff, but it was on behalf of the kids on the site. i was just super protective i guess. ive mellowed recently. :) im actually a laid back guy, just strict on occasion i guess.

nate

Merry Jungian Christmas.

16 years ago

Note: Jung Hero's adventure has been moved to Edutainment and featured there.

Merry Jungian Christmas.

16 years ago

hmmm, people better start signing up for this or we wont have time to give our 'gift' lol

nate

Merry Jungian Christmas.

16 years ago

I'm okay with it being you and me Fleshy!  OOOOH i got an idea for you...

march

Merry Jungian Christmas.

16 years ago

oh man, you are always the hardest to buy for! lol let me know if its official then. so i can get started on it.

nate

Merry Jungian Christmas.

16 years ago

LOL!  ahhh, good laugh.  No, we're going to give people til next Wednesday to opt in.

march

ho ho ho

Merry Jungian Christmas.

16 years ago

Hey!  Just saw!  DEP is in!   Oh this could only go well.

BTW, we have Vesnic back at IS to thank for this idea.  she even gave me permission to steal it, which was pretty grand of her. 

Merry Jungian Christmas.

16 years ago
That was kind of her to steal the idea from apoth last year and then give it to you.

Merry Jungian Christmas.

16 years ago
I'm in.

Merry Jungian Christmas.

16 years ago

Heh heh on the forums page this looks like it says Merry Jungian Christ.

Funny. I'm in I guess.... or something.

Merry Jungian Christmas.

16 years ago
i am in

Merry Jungian Christmas.

16 years ago

question.....will it go like this:

person A does for Person B and vice versa

person C does for Person D and vice versa

or like this:

Person A does for B

B for C

C for D

does that make sense? in otherwords, are we exchanging with the same person or is everyone getting some one different from who is doing something for them?

nate

Merry Jungian Christmas.

16 years ago
It will be the the latter - A to B, B to C, C to A,

Merry Jungian Christmas.

16 years ago
in.

Merry Jungian Christmas.

16 years ago

where is eveyrone in this one? no one have the christmas spirit? lol

nate

Merry Jungian Christmas.

16 years ago
I'm in!

Merry Jungian Christmas.

16 years ago
I'm most certainly not not in.

Merry Jungian Christmas.

16 years ago

not not in? does that mean you are in? im confused. and if you are not in then why? you dont want to participate in this wonderful idea?

nate

Merry Jungian Christmas.

16 years ago
I am not not in.  With one not, I wouldn't be but with two I am in.  Therefore, yes I am in..  JJJ has officially outdone himself in the confusing levels.

Merry Jungian Christmas.

16 years ago

haha, yes, i guess you have officially befuddled my brain. im glad you are in though.

nate

Merry Jungian Christmas.

16 years ago

Its just like irregardless.

Regarding is to regard.

Regardless is to disregard and

Irregardless is to regard...

So stupid.

Merry Jungian Christmas.

16 years ago

that is a double negative. And the origins for "irregardless", i have been told, are from the british justice system a few hundred years ago, and the judges wanted to stress the word "regardless" so they added the "ir" to it... sigh...

Merry Jungian Christmas.

16 years ago
Inflammable.

Merry Jungian Christmas.

16 years ago

Today (Tuesday) is the last day to sign up for our Christmas Exchange. 

march

Merry Jungian Christmas.

16 years ago

so the good boys/girls list is: (so far, its only 3:30)

march

flesh

3j

seth

madglee

csf

october

dep

miccy

Merry Jungian Christmas.

16 years ago

so, whose paired with who? we got less than 2 weeks to do this.

nate

Merry Jungian Christmas.

16 years ago
I wanna do it for Seth.

Merry Jungian Christmas.

16 years ago

Crap! I'm too late...

riley

Merry Jungian Christmas.

16 years ago

we do only have 9 as is without you darth. im sure you can be added. march hasnt shown up to assign who is doing what for who. though, dont take my word as truth lol im just guessing you can join.

nate

Merry Jungian Christmas.

16 years ago
Ive gotten a great start on my "gift" for my given member.

Merry Jungian Christmas.

16 years ago

Everybody who has signed up has been given somebody to write for.  Remember - just because you are giving to somebody does not mean that they are giving to you - SO don't tell anybody who you have been assigned to.  All gifts are due ON or BEFORE Christmas! 

Also - if you don't read your PM regarding who you will have to gift to by the end of Monday, the 17th, that person will be reassigned and you cannot participate.  I'm only worried about CSF143 actually participating.  Let me know you're still in CSF.

Otherwise - have fun and be creative!  Share your results with everybody if you'd like to (we'd all prefer that)

march

Merry Jungian Christmas.

16 years ago
i have benn out for a wile i got doom 

Merry Jungian Christmas.

16 years ago

...the video game?

Riley

Merry Jungian Christmas.

16 years ago
Soooo old.

Merry Jungian Christmas.

16 years ago
and i am still in

Merry Jungian Christmas.

16 years ago

then you need to deliver then.

im also in too. i have my gift already for my person. however, i want to wait till closer to christmas. all i gotta do is email it. therefore, if anything happens to me in the mean time then i will just deliver upon my return.

nate

Merry Jungian Christmas.

16 years ago
Yeah I'm done too but waiting til the 20th.

Merry Jungian Christmas.

16 years ago

Ack!  I am not nearly done!  Not only do I have a crappy holiday schedule to work around, I've also got something that feels like mono, but can't be mono, cause I already had mono.

Must finish holiday gift. . . 

Merry Jungian Christmas.

16 years ago

CSF143 has informed me that he is OUT.  His spot has been taken over by Darth!  I have pmed everybody involved.  OOOOH I hope some of you choose to share your gift on the site. 

Also, if you need something like an address for somebody you can PM ME and I will ask them for you so that you don't have to give yourself away.

march

Merry Jungian Christmas.

16 years ago

My person has permission to share my gift that i give them. though its not too good. maybe i can learn from this experience and do better next year.

nate

Merry Jungian Christmas.

16 years ago
I'll be sharing mine.

Merry Jungian Christmas.

16 years ago

Looking forward to see how these turn out!  Remember - Christmas is only a few days away! 

Happy Holidays to everybody

march

Merry Jungian Christmas.

16 years ago

mine was sent last night

nate

Merry Jungian Christmas.

16 years ago
Oh thanks, JJJ. I expected to have somebody different - that's an awesome banner - especially the person doing the jump behind the actual word - that was really clever. Glad you got me.

Merry Jungian Christmas.

16 years ago
Thanks!

Merry Jungian Christmas

16 years ago

Well my gift won't be ready for a while, but I thought I'd announce it to make it official or whatever.

DV13 is going to have a guest appearance in Mouldy Oldiez, as a guy named Riley (himself), appearing as a South Park Studio character created by him.

By guest appearance, he actually appears as a key character that you pretty much need to get through the game.

By the way since this game is so hard and annoying to make, I'll probably divide it into a few parts, the first part ready sometime next year hopefully, but I'm not promising anything.

Merry Christmas. And stuff.

Merry Jungian Christmas.

16 years ago
My gift will be in three days, as I've Christmas at my house and the celebrations usually last more than a day. It's Christmas Eve now, so I'm very sorry - I expected to finish it today, but was too busy preparing (and cleaning my room).

Merry Jungian Christmas.

16 years ago

So Xmas is in the middle of summer for you guys? Thats so bizzare.

Merry Jungian Christmas.

16 years ago

It is really, with people buying effin Santas and snowmen cutouts and crap.

Annoys the crap out of me.

Jesus would be turning over in his grave if he was still in it.

Merry Jungian Christmas.

16 years ago

where is everyone's dang presents on this?!?! lol anyone got some they will share? and.,..ummm...where is mine?!? lol :)

nate

Merry Jungian Christmas.

16 years ago
rofl that sucks :(

Merry Jungian Christmas.

16 years ago
I got mine (as you know, flesh) and I sent mine. It's good to be flawless.

Merry Jungian Christmas.

16 years ago
He'd probably be all cool with any season where people are a little nicer, have a bit more compassion. Lol. Turn over in his grave if he was still in it.

Merry Jungian Christmas.

16 years ago

What happened to madglee's present to miccy?

Merry Jungian Christmas.

16 years ago
Oh I deleted it because I figured if he wanted to show his present he would have posted it.

Merry Jungian Christmas.

16 years ago

i thought it was very interesting. but what was the hulk doing in it? lol

nate

Merry Jungian Christmas.

16 years ago

Well I did very much like it actually, just busy lately, work and holidays and stuff. Still nice gift tho madglee ha ha.

Hulk.

Ha ha.

Merry Jungian Christmas.

16 years ago
Uggh, I thought it was just really bloody. I didnt see the hulk.

Merry Jungian Christmas.

16 years ago
Oh he was there.

Merry Jungian Christmas.

16 years ago
Hahahaha! Miccy was the Hulk. He was ready to do something to the zombie-women.

Merry Jungian Christmas.

16 years ago
did anyone NOT get a gift?

Merry Jungian Christmas.

16 years ago
Well, me and fleshy as far as I know.  My SS has talked to me bout it though. Dunna bout his.

Merry Jungian Christmas.

16 years ago

i did get mine. like the day after i asked lol but i got it.

nate

Merry Jungian Christmas.

16 years ago

MY Christmas gift is offered to anybody that wants to accept it (that has at least 500 points).  Who would like to adopt "The Cave: Survival at Most" (with Jdog's permission) which can be found here

http://www.chooseyourstory.com/game/?The_Cave%3A_Survival_at_Most

It is at 752 pages. 

march

Merry Jungian Christmas.

16 years ago
I'm not going near that game.  Not my type.

Merry Jungian Christmas.

16 years ago

i tried looking it over and couldnt understand it all. its very niche. meaning that you have to know who the characters are to really know what to do with it. i knew a few. but that was it.

nate

Merry Jungian Christmas.

16 years ago
I might've. How did they get the text to move like that?

Merry Jungian Christmas.

16 years ago
It is a peculiar event. I am dumbfounded by this.

Merry Jungian Christmas.

16 years ago
you bet.