Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Futurama

16 years ago

since futurama is leaving cartoon network, i was just wondering what others wanted to see take its place. in my area it always either preceded or followed family guy. it was the best hour for Adult Swim, the program that ran the shows. therefore, what would people like to see? you can either name a current show or make up your own. lets get creative, BUT MAKE IT WORTHY OF WATCHING.

nate

Futurama

16 years ago
It was never on Adult Swim/Cartoon Network here. It's on a channel called FOX8, which is horrible. I'd rather have it on Adult Swim/Cartoon Network.

Futurama

16 years ago

I don't care what takes its place, there's no teen-cartoon as good as futurama. that had the best quotes, jokes, and hungry nibblonian... Glad I have seasons 2, 3, and 4 on DVD. I think they're available on DVD still... You can still enjoy them... also, they're gonna stop writing the simpsons too after they finish the 20th season.

expander

Futurama

16 years ago

Sorry dude, but let's face it, the Simpsons eps haven't been getting all that better over the years, bar some funny Halloween eps and a lot of funny celebrity experiences.

As for FOX8 cartoons coming on Adult Swim, I'd just like to point out that comedy shows are only on twice a week, so I'd rather keep it on FOX8 where you can watch everyday.

And not ALL FOX8 shows are bad. Simpsons, Futurama, Family Guy, and I gotta admit I am becoming a fan of Kriss Angel. Even knowing most of it is fake, it's still fun to watch.

It's hard to choose the best Adult Swim show. Aqua Teen is just stupid and at times hilarious, Robot Chicken rocks (although watching it continuously can melt your brain) and Tom Goes to the Mayor is, in a terribly twisted way, just funny.

re:Futurama

16 years ago
I don't care if it's for teenagers only, and I'm 9, Futurama was one of America's greatest comedy adult cartoons.

16 years ago

i very much am concerned with what takes its place. i hope its NOT boondocks or ATHF. those shows suck. maybe they have other plans we dont know about yet... lets hope.

nate

16 years ago
The new season of Futurama is out on comedy central, or was last month, but I don't have pay TV so I have to wait until the dvd release :(

16 years ago
I love Aqua Teen Hunger Force, it's so random and funny! I don't know what I want to take it's place, but I didn't even know that Futurama was leaving Adult Swim...

16 years ago

its looking like its going off. but new episodes are going to start soon. of course ive been sick recently so maybe im dreaming it up lol

nate

Futurama

16 years ago
Yeah, Kriss Angel and often Family Guy are awesome too, but apart from a select few shows pretty much everything on there is either Top Model, Wrestling, or Paris Hilton's show - none of which I like watching. But yeah, Kriss Angel is amazing.

Futurama

16 years ago

kriss is ok. but i guess i struggle to get into his stuff since i am a hobby magician myself and i know many of his tricks. it kind of sucks to know the backend of the tricks. its not as cool as you would think lol just ruins the 'magic'

nate

Futurama

16 years ago
There's going to be new Futurama, though, right?

Futurama

16 years ago
According to wikipedia it was on comedy central in November.

Futurama

16 years ago
They should put an Anime in for it. They start showing them at like Midnight. They should start with one.

Futurama

16 years ago
i recently watched family guy and found out that anerican dad is going to be on insted of futurama 

Futurama

16 years ago
To my knowledge, Comedy Central has bought the rights to Futurama. They will be showing the original 74 (I think it was? I know 'The Devils Hands are Idle Play Things.' Was the last one.) And they will be showing atleast 16 new episodes.