Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Who votes that timj is a internet stalker!

14 years ago

If we get enough votes alexp might delete him!

14 years ago

i vote that he is a stalker

14 years ago

i vote that he is a stalker

14 years ago
How did he create a "story" that ends, but doesn't have a link to rate it?

Which bring me to the next question that how did someone manage to rate it anyway?

14 years ago

that was me there is one in there somewhere

14 years ago

like 3rd down

14 years ago
Lol, never mind I didn't scroll down to see all those links.

Anyway the story sucks, he could've at least been creative about it. (He even spelled "douche bag" wrong)

14 years ago

i know lol

14 years ago

I changed the name of the story to "Timj, the morbidly obese 12 year old," to better reflect the author. Being a morbidly obese 12 year old does not, however, justify creating something like that.

14 years ago

you can do that?

14 years ago

Sure, I'm a moderator. Of course, it just occurred to me that in doing so, I just acted like a 12 year old, so I'll change it.

14 years ago

the other name is better it stops them wasting there lifes on a fake story

14 years ago

Who the fuck is this Timj kid anyway? Btw, nice try attempting to pass off your comment as JJJ, timmy boeh.

14 years ago

he keeps trying to get people's birthdays and asking are they male or female. and look at his story.

14 years ago

he said to me it was for his story about me.

14 years ago
Yeah right. He lied to you.

14 years ago
That 3J has two dashes. Fucking impostor. Kill him.

14 years ago
I don't know what's making me feel stupid at this point. The fact that someone would actually go so far as to create several accounts to impersonate a well known member of this site, or the fact that I fell for it.

14 years ago

I lol'd when I realised timj actually called himself a stalker.

What kind of person takes pride in that?

BOBCON - 3.

14 years ago
lolololol look at his profile. Me thinks that is plagerism.

14 years ago

I hope he publishes all that shit.

14 years ago

So so i

14 years ago

so do i*

14 years ago

WHAT THE FUCK GET THE FUCK OFF MY BULLSHITS IN MY ASSHOLE YOU BITCH

14 years ago

Y.. yeah

14 years ago
I've gotten into the habit of checking EVERY username to make sure it's the real person.

Why do I get all of these stalkers?!

14 years ago

I'm about to make Anoobis and steal all his points and get 100 duel victories man.

14 years ago

Go for it, Abunis.

Eh, see, there's another one for yah.

14 years ago

Holy shit, I just realized it said Abunis not Anubis. I didn't read carefully enough, ne?

14 years ago

Sou deshita.  You're not complying with your own ban, aboobis.

14 years ago

So deshida, Negative One. Damn it, that sounds badass.

14 years ago

Haha

The negative one would be:  Iie, arimasen deshita

14 years ago

So da ne.

I'm pretty sure it's deshiDa, teme!

14 years ago
Yeah and also, fuck you guys ;)

14 years ago

JJJ, that's so rude! haha

Anubis, doesn't matter what you think, I took two years of Japanese, haha, and that's essentially one of the first things we learned, besides good morning/day/evening/night.

14 years ago

Meh, my bro said it was deshida, but I'm guessing it was another meaning. Oh well, deshita.

But that's seriously cool that you take a language. Was it an elective or extracurricular course?

You know, I always like meeting people who not just learn a language to fulfill a school requisite, but actually take the time to learn and appreciate the language and the culture and the history of a nation. In this case, I don't like Otaku who only like Anime and don't take the time to really delve into the true face of Japan. I mean 95% of the Otaku I've met only watch Anime in English. I get a similar feeling of disappointment when I watch or read articles in the mainstream news regarding video game news. In terms of news, the mainstream people don't know what their talking about and overall regard video games as just a toy or something that little kids deal with, when in fact it's an entire culture. Their obliviousness detracts from the merit of their clarity in the subject, and ultimately feels more awkward and time-wasting than your grandparents trying to figure out how to work a cellphone. But I digress; I really only like discussing Japanese and other countries' cultures with people who have an active interest in them. Personally, it feels more genuine and fulfilling to understand a society and then enjoy their entertainment or whatever is mainstream (that other people only focus on) so that the enjoyment is genuine. That's also why when I go around the world on an epic quest of vacation (ie honeymoon, ya know) I would actually want to rent an area and live in the country for a week or two, or maybe several months to a year - of course I would prepare myself thoroughly how to speak and the country's customs. It's that kind of interaction that I think is truly lost in regular-old tourism.

One paragraph down, one to go:

Actually, my brother is taking Japanese in college next year, but has been studying it since, oh, sixth grade I believe, at home. He's quite a good speaker, and we both practice while watching Anime. He's actually applied to be a transfer student to Japan for next or next-next year, which is 1. mind blowing and 2. awesome. It'll be fantastic for him to go abroad, especially since he loves Japan more than America. No joke, he hates American culture, and so do I in a way. As for me, I'll study Japanese in college (along with Russian, which my brother also takes) because I want to become a game designer, and Japanese would be invaluable to learn. I'll stay here in the states and I'm thinking seriously about entering ROTC.

Yeah, so that's a rant and a half for you.

14 years ago

You had to be a dick a write a lot, huh?  haha  I thought we were cool.

Well, I had to take two years of language (in order to graduate), and all my school offered was Spanish (which I know already) and French (pfft... French haha).  I took it for free at a community college; it was actually just for fun, but it satisfied the requirement, which was cool too.  The first class was on Japanese language and culture, which I was lucky enough to take before the CC got rid of it.  The others were focused on language and writing though.  Anyways, I agree with your first paragraph; I severely dislike Otaku... once with a passion; now I can laugh at them, because I'm not even so into Japanese culture anymore.  Whereas I once prided myself on knowing all this stuff about Japanese culture in general, I hated talking to fake-ass kids who only watched Naw-roo-toe; now, the knowledge is all there, but I don't care to expand, nor talk to those stupid fucks.

I'm not a huge fan of ROTC, but I guess that's just because I don't like our foreign policies in general (preemptive strikes and all that bullshit).  I understand that they're not necessarily connected, but they carry it all out, usually blindly.  I always laugh, because my friend's always saluting them, and he's not in ROTC so they get all pissed off.

14 years ago
I coulda googled it and told you it was deshita with absolutely no knowledge of the language.

14 years ago

Haha, that works too.

14 years ago

Hey, Anubis, Game design is my dream as well! I've already got uni courses planned for programming and such. If you want to practice game design (ie learn how to make fun games) and you have no programming expertise, I recommend Game Maker to start with.

14 years ago

@ Zero: I can totally understand why you don't talk about Japanese culture since, well, you don't have anyone respectable to talk to. I, on the other hand, do have people who I can sit down with, have an intriguing discussion with, and meanwhile be raping 10-year-olds with BAR's. lol But you should definitely find something useful to do with your Japanese; there's a lot of options.

@ JJJ: Interwebz ftw.

@ Rommy: Woot! A fellow game designer. I've always wanted to get my hands on a game maker thing, and while at first I thought that my ideas were too godly for crappy flash games, after playing Con Artist's flash games (Last Stand 1 and 2, Warfare 1917 and '44, and some other addictive game) I'm inspired that my first days as a programmer could be awesome. Do you know any easy-to-use and/or FREE game makers? I don't know...anything about programming, but I will definitely take it next year.

14 years ago

Hey, if you want I can also show you my latest creation.

Okay, I'm not very experienced in Flash, Java, C++, Assembler (assembler's a bitch, don't use it. ever.) or Basic.

Visual Basic is easy to use, but is useless for making games, because key pushes take like 2 seconds to register.

So, I use Game Maker. That's what it's called. It has a "drag and drop" system of commands similar to lego mindstorms, which is easy to use if you know what a variable is. It's object oriented, does the drawing on the screen for you and there IS a programming language which is much easier to use than most. I use the drag and drop and code in tandem.

http://www.yoyogames.com/

I think you can get the "lite" version for free, then you need to pay for full functionality. It's worth it. But don't expect to start making 3D games soon. You don't get the aid you have for 2D.

I can also email you a copy of a game i'm working on atm.

14 years ago

Also, Anubis, I agree. Most flash games DO suck. This is probably due to them having no idea how to make a fun game. That's the tricky part.

14 years ago

No yeah, sprites ftw. lol

Thanks for the info. I'll look into it.

BTW, Zero, I never responded to your ROTC comment. I'm looking to go into the Inactive Reserve. After finishing college, I'll enter inactive reserve which means I won't be sent to Afghanistan (well at least not of my own volition) and I'll be basically on a last-resort deal. If we enter war (as in, we decide to finally declare war before sending troops in), I will be called out, or if the reserves are tapped as they were recently, but once my 4 years of inactive reserve are done, I'm a free man. I want to do ROTC because I love the military, but I don't think I want to ruin my life going to war. Neither does my mother. I feel that going through boot camp is enough to make me be a better person, and I'll use my skills I learn from going to a good college for basically free to get a good career and life and make Afghanistan.

14 years ago

lol. I'm staying the fuck away from any kind of military. I hate being surrounded by a) macho jocks and b) having to take orders.

14 years ago

True, I do hate jocks, but ROTC teaches you to be an officer. So I'd be leading eight macho jocks into combat (if I see combat) and I' be receiving orders from fellow non-jock officers.

Honestly, I'm still weighing my options, but either I enter ROTC or I don't enter the military at all.

14 years ago

About your first comment, on Japanese, I know there are things which I can do... but given my location, not really.  I think the most useful thing I can do with my Japanese here is tutor dumb idiots who think they want to learn Japanese, when they actually have no respect for the language.  Or, you know, I can TA or something. haha

That's good to hear, about the ROTC/military.  Lots of people I know just wanna go... well, they don't know why they want to go -- they've just been persuaded by all the propaganda and shit.  Like, my friend Darren who, whenever he heard the song "Citizen Soldier," seriously contemplated joining the Army.  No other reason really, other than his life was (and still is) shitty, and he figured that'd be a thing to do.

14 years ago

I don't think many of them contemplate the fact that 99% of a soldier's time is spent being bored as hell. Long periods of boredom, punctuated by moments of sheer terror. Cause in Afganistan, I don't think they have many videogames. Or movies.

14 years ago
I was in JROTC in high school, but that's initially because it satisfied the gym and the health class requirement. I figured why take 2 classes when I can take 1 instead. I ended up staying in all 4 years and eventually got the rank of colonel, but that was about the extent of my "military" involvement.

I nearly joined the National Guard thinking it would help pay for college, but when they called me up about it and wanted to meet me in person, I suddenly had the image of MPs coming to my house in the middle of the night dragging me off, so I said I'd have to think about it some more and never got in contact with them again. I don't really have a problem with the military life style, I just don't think it was for me though.

Now if I could've enabled "god mode" and "unlimited ammo" in real life I would've joined up without hesitation.

14 years ago

Colonel? nice End. i took it all 4 years as well. did most everything within the program that the school system would allow. it was fairly fun. and it wasnt that hard to get ahead of the 'know it all jocks' that wanted to run the place. they were always the lackeys that you got to push around.

nate

14 years ago

Colonel End. Dang, that's impressive.

I'm still debating, and...geez! Man I don't know. It'd be a great way to pay of college, and I'd become a soldier and learn how to be awesome and improve my self-confidence, and yet I don't want to be drafted or surrounded by "those" kinds of military men. 50/50 man.

14 years ago

Does that count as an actual Colonel, or a ROTC colonel? If you enlisted as a non-enlisted in the regular army/navy/marines/af, would you be a colonel?

14 years ago
Nah, JROTC rank doesn't transfer over to any real military rank if you join any of the branches after you graduate. It's just a high school class with a military focus.

I think ROTC rank is different since its college and you're involved with real military training. I always thought you could achieve a proper military rank of up to 2nd Lieutenant through ROTC, but I'm not exactly sure what the procedures are now.

14 years ago

My dad's friend who is a retired Lieutenant Colonel said that ROTC ranks do transfer when you do active service in the branch that you trained it. Once you complete ROTC, you are a Second Lieutenant, and then you gain ranks through service.