Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

D&D

11 years ago

Anybody play? I'm creating my first character now. I don't have the book, but we met up at books a million today and my friends got me started. I'm also using the D&D Wiki to help me create it

D&D

11 years ago

I used to play DnD all the time. I don't do it as much anymore because I let some friends borrow my books and they never gave them back.

D&D

11 years ago

I am looking at the wiki and there is so many races how do you choose one?

D&D

11 years ago

There are a couple (maybe 5?) base races, but there are other additional, more complicated ones. As I'm first starting I just did an elf since their preferred class is wizard and I wanted to be a caster.

D&D

11 years ago

I haven't got the chance to play DnD at my collage gamer guild because it was always full. I might have better luck next time when I go back in fall.

D&D

11 years ago

I've never met someone who plays D&D, but I've been playing Baldur's Gate for the past few weeks.

D&D

11 years ago

Never heard of that one.

D&D

11 years ago

! It's the most famous computer RPG game ever that follows all the D&D rules and system and is based in the Forgotten Realms universe- basically what a computer RPG game would be if it was based on the D&D system.

D&D

11 years ago

Old school RPG series from the late 90s- early 2000s. Used the 2nd edition D&D rules.

Apparently they're coming out with an enhanced version of the series this summer. Even for the iPad.

D&D

11 years ago

Were your games as dark and interesting back then as your stories are here?

D&D

11 years ago

Also the game that made BioWare an RPG iconc. Series of there's you might know Dragon age and Mass effect. Unfortunetly they are on a down hill trend.

D&D

11 years ago

I remember playing that game. 

I made a D&D character but I don't really have the drive or people to play it with. So my character has been getting more dust each day.

D&D

11 years ago

The first thing I remember, DROW.  FUCKING DROW. 

D&D

11 years ago

i want to play, i have a character all set up and i played it a couple times in the past! however, no one i know plays, and it isn't exactly a one-player game, so i haven't played in a while. no

D&D

11 years ago

Try finding people online, there's tonnes of ways of playing with others over the internet. You could download a client like OpenRPG or go to a website-based RP site like Roll20?

D&D

11 years ago

Also, here's a bunch of articles a renowned DM wrote (He's even had stuff published). It's mostly about DMing, but the ones at the top are still useful, especially the "Making Tough Decisions" article.