Non-threaded

Forums » Feature Wishing Well » Read Thread

Suggestions for improvements and additions to the site.
This feature was accepted 7/16/2012: Easy and useful
This feature was completed 7/16/2012: Will go in v20120627

Increase max comment length

12 years ago

Is there any particular reason why the max comment length is 900 characters?

I just had to leave 5 comments on this storygame due to the limit, and for each comment I would have to post the comment, press back and see how much of it has been cut off by the limit, then split the cut off part into a separate comment, rinse wash and repeat (then delete all the older comments). If I was a regular member (ie. could not delete comments) I would have had to open up a character counter in order to count the amount of characters in each comment before splitting them up and posting separately.

It seems like a lot of unnecessary effort, especially when there's no discernable reason for a 900 character limit. (If you're concerned about one comment taking up too much room on a storygame's page, you could always hide some of it and have a [see more] button, which would take up a lot less room than five separate comments.)

12 years ago

Yes. Thank you, I completely agree with this. I have got my comments cut off multiple times.

An increase would allow for more in depth and more meaningful critique.

12 years ago

I don't like the problem either and you have a great solution.

12 years ago

Oh my god. Yes. Top of the list haha.

12 years ago

No good reason! I think the box enforced the max length at one point... but it should be unlimited, i guess?

12 years ago

Absolutely. I'll delete any comments that are spam but if someone wants to write a twenty page critique, I know that as an author, I'd love to read it.