Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Akward Vision

11 years ago

Wednesday night. I was at church, everyone was singing, but I was silent. I stared into space, doing nothing. Suddenly, I decide to look at the red benches. I see a red dragon. The dragon stares at me, and it stomps around and shoots fire from its nostrils. I see then a blue knight, and he dodges the dragon's fire and claws. The knight slips and falls, to the mercy of the monster, and he faces his doom. The dragon prepares for its final strike, and the knight jabs its sword into the body. The dragon's eyes open wide, and it falls. The knight surpasses, and he stands on the beast, victorious. He stands there, and everything disappears. The word Noble appears. What's this about?

Akward Vision

11 years ago

Too much D&D?

You can save 15% by switching to GEICO?

You forgot to flush the toilet after having burritos for lunch?

Akward Vision

11 years ago

I would suggest you promptly seek out medical advice. Unless you were on drugs, then just stop taking the drugs while at church.

Akward Vision

11 years ago

But that's when it's most exciting...

Akward Vision

11 years ago

Good point... 

Akward Vision

11 years ago

But seriously, who takes drugs on a Wednesday night? That's like going to a strip club on a Tuesday afternoon.

Akward Vision

11 years ago

The same kind that does drugs then goes to church on a Wednesday, then posts about their trip/vision on a public forum about choose your own adventure games?

Akward Vision

11 years ago

Also, If you're the sort to believe in visions from otherworldly beings - then you got to ask yourself (concerning any "vision") - What intelligence was passed?

If you have a vision and it doesn't enlighten you - then it is a worthless waste of your time. And most Elder Gods and Great Old Ones could care less about toying with our finite minds by giving us inconsequential visions.

But wait, you might say - those sorts are always cryptic and never just come out and tell you, right? Just look at the parables in the Bible.

Bullshit. Even a cryptogram has a perfectly clear meaning to those with the key to read it.

Akward Vision

11 years ago
Obviously the blue knight was your sexual identity and the dragon represents your struggle with it. The blue knight penetrated the dragon and killed it. Interpret that however you want, but the important thing is just to accept yourself for who you are and keeping reaching for that rainbow.

Either that or God was just telling you to kill everyone in the room.

Akward Vision

11 years ago

Who needs god to tell you to kill everyone in the room. My cat harps on that all the time...

(and I don't even think he's all that religious)

Akward Vision

11 years ago
Well I imagine Christians need God to tell them to kill everyone in a room. If it just came from their cat it wouldn't be scripture. If he isn't really religious though then I guess its just drugs and sexual identity confusion. Lol.

Akward Vision

11 years ago

My cat is using drugs? Oh the humanity!

*points finger at cat - where did you learn this?!?

Cat: "I learned it from you!"

NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

devil

Akward Vision

11 years ago

Well, the thing is, I'm not well, over aged and I don't use drugs, obviously. And I'm not one of those dirty minded guys.

Akward Vision

11 years ago

Sounds like you're sexually repressed. Gay is totally okay.

Akward Vision

11 years ago

Can I have some of that acid?

Akward Vision

11 years ago

Clearly you're the dragon and you want to be ravaged by a knight.

Akward Vision

11 years ago

Definitely has to do with your repressed homosexuality. As my step father told his nephew, you need to go to Bible Camp immediately.

Akward Vision

11 years ago

Because nothing homosexual ever goes down at Bible Camp...

Unless that's what you're implying lol.

Akward Vision

11 years ago

I wish that was what I was implying. My step dad was never the sharpest knife in the drawer.

Akward Vision

11 years ago

how did this get from a vision to being gay is okay?

Akward Vision

11 years ago

Okay. No. I'm not, you know, cross-gendered. I'm young, and I'm not really focused on that stuff right now, nor will I ever be.

Akward Vision

11 years ago

Not consciously...

Akward Vision

11 years ago

It means you spend to much time at church...

Akward Vision

11 years ago

Twice a week? Two hours?

Akward Vision

11 years ago

You could just be tired. I know when I get exhausted my mind is prone to wander to other things and I sometimes daydream. Have you been getting enough sleep lately?

Akward Vision

11 years ago

It's obviously your brain trying to deal with the presidential election. Obama is the knight and Romney is the dragon. You Democrats and your damn left wing hallucinations!

Akward Vision

11 years ago

Election; I really didn't care about the elections. I was asleep. Yeah...

Lack of sleep; Maybe... I have been waking up since the beginning of the school year at five in the morning for football pactice...

Akward Vision

11 years ago

Maybe football's status quo has been making you repress your sexuality? That could explain these dreams.

Akward Vision

11 years ago

... I don't think so. I doubt this has anything to do with my freaking gender! I'm A BOY!!!!

Akward Vision

11 years ago

We're not doubting that at all. You don't have to worry about being attracted to other boys, we're an open group and we'll accept you for who you are.

Akward Vision

11 years ago

Omg... I'm not G**! Sorry, even in text with people I don't know I use safe language. Yeah. I'm that pure.

Akward Vision

11 years ago

really if the dude say he isn't g** he isn't g** just let go he knows for sure

Akward Vision

11 years ago

That's exactly why you had your vision! Your mind was trying to explain your repressed homosexuality to you. Being gay doesn't make you unpure, you're fine just the way you are.

Akward Vision

11 years ago

he just said he wasn't gay he know if he is or isn't gay.

Akward Vision

11 years ago

That's why I've been saying he has a REPRESSED sexual identity.

Akward Vision

11 years ago

How do you know if it's repressed.

Akward Vision

11 years ago

Because his repressed homosexuality was the focus of the vision.

Akward Vision

11 years ago

he could've been day dreaming. it's like you having that vision and you posted it  here. Does that mean you have repressed homosexuality.

Akward Vision

11 years ago

I don't recall posting a vision I had on this site.

Look at Endmaster's post, it even explains to you how his vision was about his homosexuality.

Akward Vision

11 years ago

did i say you did. No. I say It could be like you posting this thread and really i read endmaster post. That his opinion of the vision that awesomeness posted. 

Akward Vision

11 years ago

If I had that vision and posted it, it would mean I repressed my homosexuality. I didn't have that vision though, so your entire point is moot. 

Akward Vision

11 years ago

Okay, but he having that vision doesn't mean he repressing anything. 

Akward Vision

11 years ago

It totally does, you must not understand psychology at all. Anybody could tell that vision represents his repressed homosexuality.

Akward Vision

11 years ago

it totally doesn't. He knows what his sexuality is. He know if he gay or not.

man it seems like i get into the most argument with you than with anyone on this site.

Akward Vision

11 years ago

Do you not understand the meaning of the word REPRESSED? Haven't you heard of the people that get married only to realize later that they're gay?

Akward Vision

11 years ago

yeah but he knows what his sexuality is.

Repressed: 

1. Restrained, inhibited, or oppressed.
  2. (of a thought, feeling, or desire) Kept suppressed and unconscious in one's mind.

Akward Vision

11 years ago

Definition 2 makes it pretty obvious that it's possible he does not know.

Akward Vision

11 years ago

Actually i thought it was like to restrain some stuff you don't know about but i went on Google to make sure.

Akward Vision

11 years ago

Repressed generally refers to things pushed just beneath the surface, far enough down in your mind that you never actively think about it.

It doesn't mean that you actively restrain yourself from doing or thinking something, it means you're pretty much entirely unaware the thing your repressing even exists.

Akward Vision

11 years ago

Look at the second definition of the word. The key word is unconscious.

un·con·scious/??n'känSH?s/

Adjective:
Not conscious.

Noun:
The part of the mind that is inaccessible to the conscious mind but that affects behavior and emotions.

If you repress something, you DON'T KNOW ABOUT IT! You don't even know it's repressed. Therefore, he doesn't know what his sexuality is, that's why we're trying to help him realize his true sexuality and stop repressing it.

Akward Vision

11 years ago

I think a person knows what his/her sexuality is.

Like you said.

"you're just either gay or you're not."

Akward Vision

11 years ago

Let me break this down for you.

A person is gay, that person thinks being gay is wrong, that person represses their homosexuality, the person now believes they are not gay even though they are.

It's not that hard to understand, I don't get why you can't grasp it.

Akward Vision

11 years ago

If a person is gay to begin with why would they think it would be wrong. 

Akward Vision

11 years ago

Maybe because his family is religious? He goes to church twice a week and homosexuality is a sin, so I think he would try his best not to sin.

Akward Vision

11 years ago

Some Churches are not against Homosexuality. Though, school jokes, bullying, and a whole mass of other events could trigger a repression of emotion.

Akward Vision

11 years ago

thank you aman.

Akward Vision

11 years ago

Aman is not supporting you. No one is supporting you.

Akward Vision

11 years ago

He may be confused because I am not arguing for Playa or frank. Currently I'm trying to give a open minded opinion, since I can't say that I understand human psychology.

Akward Vision

11 years ago

Frank, while it is certainly a possibility that he is not gay, it is also likely that he is. Playa is trying to explain that acording to modern science, (while it may be debated by some) believes that 'gay' is a genetic trait, and something that you are born with. However, a person can delude themselves into believing that they themselves are not gay. Thus it is possible that someone is gay, but not realizing it.

Akward Vision

11 years ago

were not talking about genetics, but i do understand. You can't just assume that he has repressed homosexuality.

Akward Vision

11 years ago

I don't think they are assuming the idea, just saying that the 'vision' is a way of his mind to tell him that he is gay. While I may disagree with the understanding of the vision, still, according to how they interpret his vision plainly says that he is gay. 

Akward Vision

11 years ago

I really don't believe there is any kind of gay trait, you're just either gay or you're not. Everything else you said is correct though.

Akward Vision

11 years ago

yep. Oh  BerkaZerka and 3j are here. They gonna jump in i know it.

Akward Vision

11 years ago

Or they don't care, lol.

Akward Vision

11 years ago

yeah but i want to read what they have to say.

Akward Vision

11 years ago

Clearly gay. Your argumentative style suggests a certain homosexuality as well.

Akward Vision

11 years ago

Best rebuttal I ever heard, I busted out laughing.

Akward Vision

11 years ago

haha, thanks.

Akward Vision

11 years ago

Acording to the majority of sceinctists, it is a genetic trait, which means that you are born gay, and never choose. However, there are some that dispute this, and while the majority agrees, sometimes majority is wrong. (as in the case with cigarettes) Thus there is no conclusive proof of any side, yet, so no official opinion exists. (However, that doesn't stop people from claiming both sides of the argument for use in debates)

Akward Vision

11 years ago

Only women can be pure.

Akward Vision

11 years ago

and Orangina. That is the best stuff I've ever had.

Akward Vision

11 years ago

awesomeness1242, you are letting this turn into way more than it has to be. It's no longer about your 'vision' or even if you are 'gay' or not - it's now about how much your chain can be jerked.

(wow... that really sounded gay didn't it...)

Akward Vision

11 years ago

Have you been having visions BZ? Because the experts at CYS can easily decide these crucial matters for you. ;)

Akward Vision

11 years ago

hahahaha that was so funny i faked laughed.

Akward Vision

11 years ago

Haha, I can see it now –

I saw a gargantuan beast rising from the abyss. . . gay

Ten oranges sang opera in ancient Sanskrit. . . gay

Seventy two virgins had their way with me. . . gay

I thought it was nice, but would rather had have a Mr. Pibb. . . definitely gay.

Golf carts. . . gay

Lesbians. . . gay

Prothstetic limbs wrapped in barbed-wire. . . gay

The number 14. . . gay

Oscar the Grouch. . . Yep, totally gay.

Akward Vision

11 years ago

Well, clearly

The beast is your sexuality rising from the "abyss", or subconcious

The orange's love of opera shows your homosexual fondness of the theatrical arts

The virgins represent you trying to cover your homosexuality with meaningless sex

You're clearly falling for a "Mr.", which is a term for a man

your love for golf carts shows your desire to spend time with other men on a golf track

Lesbians are gay in and of themselves

The limb is your sexuality, which is so buried and kept from yourself that it's seen as covered in barbed wire so you dare not go near it

Well of course, just look at what that's number's wearing!

Oscar the Grouch lives in a trash can, which is a metaphor for living in the closet.

So yeah... I hate to say it BZ, but I think you're gay.

Akward Vision

11 years ago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AIyK9wPVaE

Akward Vision

11 years ago

Holy cow! It's so clear to me now!

Akward Vision

11 years ago

Boy you've ruin my sight...

I can't look at the #14 without that thought now!

Akward Vision

11 years ago

Shh... don't let him know that!