Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

Hello! I'm new.

11 years ago

Hello, I recently discovered this site not too long ago and immediately fell into the pit trap that is Dead Man Walking. So I decided to make an account and join up.

Hello! I'm new.

11 years ago

Welcome! Hope you enjoy your time reading the works on the site. I'd suggest reading 3J and Endmaster's work, they are the two best authors on the site (in general). Though Endmaster tends to be quite gruesome.

Hello! I'm new.

11 years ago

Thanks for the suggestions.

Hello! I'm new.

11 years ago

Welcome to CYOA, I hope you enjoy your stay here with us. 

Hello! I'm new.

11 years ago

Glad to have you with us! Why not try your hand at making a story while you're here too?  =)

Hello! I'm new.

11 years ago

Unfortunately, if you screw up while making a storygame, you will pretty much be blasted beyond recognition.

If you like what you see, though, you can stick around the forums (like I did), and hand around for things to come.

Hello! I'm new.

11 years ago

Don't listen to Swift, my first story was horrible, and I didn't get 'blasted'. Don't let him scare you away from making Storygames (as long as you put effort into them).

Hello! I'm new.

11 years ago

No. If you "screw up" everything will be fine. If you put 0 effort in and publish something an hour after creating it, people will be able to tell. If you put an honest effort in, no one will "blast you".

Hello! I'm new.

11 years ago

I am definitely considering it. Lol.

I'm working on a story for a novel I'm trying to write, so I could at least attempt to implement it into a storygame.

Hello! I'm new.

11 years ago

Hey! I'm new, too! Nice to meet you!

Hello! I'm new.

11 years ago

I guess I'm still relatively new around here - 3 months, I think?

So, nice to meet you all and enjoy your time here at CYS :)

Hello! I'm new.

11 years ago

Hello! Welcome to CYS, I am the almighty ruler of this place! :D Aside from the crazy penguin king and the bushy mustache overlord duking it out to overthrow me. :C

Hello! I'm new.

11 years ago

<.<

Hello! I'm new.

11 years ago

Disproven, CYOA gods say otherwise even if they don't always visit.

Hello! I'm new.

11 years ago

Damn. When did you guys overthrow me?????

Hello! I'm new.

11 years ago

Don't worry, even if somebody does come out on top you still get to rule the rest of the omniverse.

Hello! I'm new.

11 years ago

You forgot the demon out to make sure that the balance of power is always shifting.

Hello! I'm new.

11 years ago

Who would that be?

Hello! I'm new.

11 years ago

Yeah, I'm definitely going to enjoy this site. xD

Hello! I'm new.

11 years ago

Totally not me!

Hello! I'm new.

11 years ago

What the hell!?!? My first story game got fricken' demolished and then shot in the face 30 times with a Barrett 50 cal.

anyway welcome to the site and all. Check out endmaster's games loved them. I am also relatively new about 3 or 4 months. Found this site by going on google and typing choose your own adventure games... Nailed it.

Hello! I'm new.

11 years ago

That's exactly what I did.... O.o

Are you me from another dimension that is four months ahead?

Hello! I'm new.

11 years ago

Hahahaha no I am in fact four months behind and you are from the future ( just kidding I was getting bored of the mindless bash and mash genre took about a day)

Hello! I'm new.

11 years ago

I didn't bash it... you're generalizing, and that makes me sad... sad Sad enough to use an emoticaon. WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?! NOW IT WILL NEVER BE STOPPED! ALL OF MY POSTS WILL TURN INTO A MESS OF MEANINGLESS FACES AND/OR MISCCALANIOUS PICTRES! HOW COULD YOU!

Jokes, obviously. smiley AHHHHH! IT'S BACK! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES! surprisecrying

Hello! I'm new.

11 years ago

You probably shouldn't post when you clearly are deprived of much needed sleep haha!

Hello! I'm new.

11 years ago

But I DON'T. SLEEP. EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVER.

Hello! I'm new.

11 years ago

*doesnt go on for two days

Hello! I'm new.

11 years ago

Eh? What?

Hello! I'm new.

11 years ago

I second that motion.

Hello! I'm new.

11 years ago

I'm confused.

Hello! I'm new.

11 years ago

... I don't get it and I never said you specifically bashed my face in.

Hello! I'm new.

11 years ago

Bacon is overrated so you should join the free monkeys society. It helps fund the mustache and penguin wars.

Hello! I'm new.

11 years ago

Which side does it fund because I will consider joining the free monkey society (I would be open to double dealing) what who said that. (Don't invade Hugo's city we have explosives at every entrance and exit plus we know  the underground like the back of our hands

Hello! I'm new.

11 years ago

(I have learned derailment power. :D )

It funds the unnoticed monkey order in the war. They need the cash to buy more bananas for sacrifice, that way they will be able to summon their monkey god to end the war.

Obviously it doesn't work so i redirected their funds to me. I get the cash and the war goes on. Win-win for me. :P

Hello! I'm new.

11 years ago

Want to buy the smugglers tunnel limited addition for serious derailment and supplying the war so we make more money only!!!

Hello! I'm new.

11 years ago

...Obviously all of you should fund the Mustache Destroyers Co., or sign up as an official Mustache Destroyer - you will find enlightenment in torturing mustaches and watching them...scream?...in amusement.

I have just found the meaning behind life.

Hello! I'm new.

11 years ago

You never know when we might need mustache's after all when someone invades the island of CYOA we'll need someone to be cannon fodder or better known red shirts